Combine Time

Leader

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

What looks like zoning out for most humans, (mouth agape, eyes glazed over, mouth breathing, general look of minimal brain activity) is actually Ted focusing intently.

That reminds me of when everyone was using that look to prove he was going senile and I posted him doing it on the bench at SMU lol

32 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Dontari Poe has put together a fine NFL career so that's not a great argument.

The numbers are important, everyone will say they aren't as to not tip their hands but in the age of analytics there are plenty of people for each team plugging these things into formulas and algorithms that try and predict NFL success.

But was he worth the 11th pick in that draft?  Going into the Combine he was seen as perhaps a 2nd round pick.  His performance in that Combine helped him big time.

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But was he worth the 11th pick in that draft?  Going into the Combine he was seen as perhaps a 2nd round pick.  His performance in that Combine helped him big time.

I personally think so. You could do a hell of a lot worse anyways.

12 hours ago, Pugger said:

Not sure about that. If I recall correctly a lot of people on this board were hoping we could get him pre-combine in our first.

Whew MM sounded pretty serious on some of those answers he gave the media at the combine... 

the 2 things I took away that he wasnt thrilled about is that he was pretty unimpressed with Hundley (stating he wasnt "ready" lol) & hates how our D has been playing lately (with the step child comment)

those are things MM normally doesn't open up about, but its clear he felt some heat by how 2017 played out... & based on the teams moves this offseason it was clear they couldn't sweep it under the rug & not address clear issues for another season.

I've been doing my fair share of tape watching lately....

I want to see the explosion metrics, broad jump and vertical for most guys.

In particular I want to see how Landry tests.  Everything.  height, weight, bench, broad...etc.  I don't think he is 6'2'', but I do think he has long arms.  If he can get his bench up there to 20, with those long arms, I'll be impressed.

I want to see those explosion metrics on Key as well.  In the film I watched, he didn't exactly get after it on the snap like Landry did.

I'll be watching the athletic tests to see if Edmunds can also play edge.  I like that guy a lot, but I don't value him at #14 as a pure ILB.

Want to see where Ward measure on the height metric.  He checks every other box for me, but that whole height thing is big for a boundary corner.

I want to see Jackson's shuttle time and broad jump.  I have questions on just how fluid those hips are.

I'll be most intrigued by those guys....just cuz I've seen more of them.

I was hoping to get Tyrell Crosby in round 3 but saw him moving up so many boards. I think we might have a shot at this kid in round 3. He's a year away but a lot of upside. He definitely has to get stronger. 

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

Go on...

If you listen to an Aaron Rodgers interview and then watch him play, you're like -- yep.

Watching Jackson made me nervous. He's a run on sentence going everywhere and nowhere. He eventually gets his point across, but it's pretty painful IMO. Some things I couldn't understand at all. I don't feel confident or at ease at all when listening to him. Would this bother me at all at any other position ? No. Can he  command the huddle of my franchise and  provide the leadership necessary ? He wouldn't instill confidence in my eyes. Does he seem like a likable guy ? Sure, I guess. 

Archived