Combine Time

Leader

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Combine winners:

Josh Allen: He's been the #1 QB to me since we started the process and he was clearly the best QB at the Combine.

Justin Jackson: Everyone expected him to be the uber productive, mediocre athlete back we see a lot. Guys a legit athlete. Definitely going to move up board.

Courtland Sutton: You figured he would be a big, slow, stiff guy, he wasn't. His numbers are going to make people watch his tape again.

Austin Corbett: He's a 2nd round guy to me and a prototype for Packers OL.

Mark Andrews: Goedert was out and Andrews took advantage, far better athlete than I expected.

Leighton Vander Esch: Became a legit top 20 guy. Film and numbers were good, then he measured in great and blew the athletic numbers away.

Jaire Alexander: Wow I did not expect him under 4.4. With as bad as Jackson was, he might have moved into top 20 consideration.

Losers:

Lamar Jackson: Love Lamar, he's got a lot of work to do before his Pro Day. Did no athletic testing because he wanted to focus on throwing, then he didn't spin it.

Calvin Ridley: Small hands, mediocre athlete, just don't see a top 20 guy.

Orlando Brown: An obvious one.

Arden Key: Came in a bit small, didn't jump particularly well or run at all. Has a chance to get back into round 1 at his Pro Day but Landry and Van Esch cleary passed him at LB.

Josh Jackson: Guy can't back pedal, he's got a lot of work to do to get back into round 1 consideration.

Thanks for the write up.    Wished I could have seen more of the combine, was skiing in Colorado for the last few days.    Will be waiting to see the full compilation of testing numbers for the various position groups and start to filter them from the TT metrics. Still feel those thresholds are viable until we know if Gutekunst will deviate from them or not.

Listening to some of the totally inappropriate questions asked of the players at the Combine (I'm referring to Guice being asked "if he likes men" and years back when Dez Bryant was asked if his mother was a prostitute, and whether that bothered him). Apart from the fact that the second question should have ended in a broken jaw to someone, my answer to that lack of any commonsense is to start each interview by putting my phone on the table and tell the interviewers it is on "record". That should deal with that issue.

Archived