Raiders 1st Round pick CB Gareon Conley will not be indicted on rape charges

daineraider

38 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Remember to keep this to football.

He will be pretty important to our team this season so Im glad the issue has been taken care of.  Im pretty happy to have this behind him so he can focus on football.  Had this carried on through the season it for sure would have affected him.  

30 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought this was pretty widely thought to be the case when the Raiders drafted him.

It definitely looked like it was heading in this direction on draft day. There was no way the Raiders could have taken him that highly if they thought there was a real chance he could face prison time and a long, long suspension.

I'd imagine he's in line for a big role in Oakland this year. They need the secondary help and he has the talent, so I'm sure they're real happy to get this taken care of very early on in camp.

33 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Good for him but I get DJ Hayden vibes.

Based on? Nvm, this is probably trolling.

Conley is 6-0, 33 inch arms, 6.7 3 cone, mid 4.4 40, and 38+ vertical. He's any NFL coach's ideal corner prospect in terms of physical measurables.

He allowed the lowest/2nd lowest passer rating in college football and is the only one of the OSU trio who started for more than one year. Minimal injury history, seems like a good kid from all the OSU people I've talked to.

Hayden's problem is that he never got his head around and was constantly flagged, but he was a pretty physical tackler. Conley doesn't have good press technique, but is pretty damn good at mirroring receivers and breaking up passes without drawing pass interference. Conley isn't a very physical/good tackler, but they couldn't be more different in coverage.

IMO off field aside, Conley was one of the "safest"/cleanest corner prospects to come out in the last few years. A lot of pretty good talent evaluators on FF (Calhoun, Jrry...), and in the media (McGinn, Pauline, etc.) that I have profound respect for are on agreement on that as well.

13 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought this was pretty widely thought to be the case when the Raiders drafted him.

I'd assume the Raiders had an inkling that this is how it would play out. Otherwise, could have been an awful pick. 

He didn't really fall in the draft much, if at all. If this story never came out, I don't think him being picked at 24 would have been among the most surprising day 1 stories. Compared to guys like Allen, Hooker, Howard, Foster, etc. That was already in his range. So, I don't think the story cost him much, and the Raiders were clearly very confident of this outcome.

Archived