Raiders 1st Round pick CB Gareon Conley will not be indicted on rape charges

daineraider

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

He didn't really fall in the draft much, if at all. If this story never came out, I don't think him being picked at 24 would have been among the most surprising day 1 stories. Compared to guys like Allen, Hooker, Howard, Foster, etc. That was already in his range. So, I don't think the story cost him much, and the Raiders were clearly very confident of this outcome.

I agree for the most part. I thought that the top of his range was higher, but I did't think that he was going to go in the top 10. I could have seen something at 11, and would have pegged him to go anywhere from there to about where he went. The thing is, he probably would have slid to where he was - I mean, Lattimore ended up going 11, and that didn't have anything do with Conley whatsoever, and while it's possible that a team like the Saints would have had Conley rated higher, general consensus was that Lattimore was the superior prospect, so no real reason to think that would have been the case. So with Lattimore already falling, the earliest I could have seen him go was 14, and again, that's the top end of the range. 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:07 AM, wackywabbit said:

He didn't really fall in the draft much, if at all. If this story never came out, I don't think him being picked at 24 would have been among the most surprising day 1 stories. Compared to guys like Allen, Hooker, Howard, Foster, etc. That was already in his range. So, I don't think the story cost him much, and the Raiders were clearly very confident of this outcome.

He most definitely would have been gone by #24 had the false allegations not came out right before the draft.

Archived