Atlanta{FX} Season 3 - March 24th

devils1854

Don’t be talking about Teddy. That was a truly unsettling 35 mins. I was squirming in my seat. Talked to a guy at work who watches the show and he said the same thing. It felt slimy.

it was brilliant none the less. Maybe the second best produced and written episode since BAN in all of tv.

how many other shows can just leave the story and have side quests for three straight episodes? 

Best show on tv easily

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Donald Glover is so damn talented. 

What is your theory on that episode? 

Im not Ricky, and I honestly dont think I have a theory.

They obviously used Darius because he is the only character in the show that would stay in that place more than 15 mins.

But it obviously isnt going against white people, even though Donald does white face. I think its more on the pride of celebrity, and the price it comes with it. Its totally opposite in the Atlanta world. Paper Boy wants nothing to do with fame or success. He is good with being a underground rapper and drug dealer for the rest of his life, but we have his cousin Earn, who wasnts everything that is different. It parallels Teddys episode.

Holy crap just watched the new episode. That was like watching Get Out for the first time again. I appreciated the easter egg with Teddy bleeding onto the piano. Subtle but a solid nod to Get Out.

I really like J's theory about Teddy being MJ and Benny being MJ on the inside. It fits so well.

I didn't even realize Glover was Teddy until someone else mentioned it. That was truly great acting.  The whole Ostrich egg incident was just way to gross and unsettling. 

This show is absolutely amazing. 

9 minutes ago, Geek said:

Teddy bleeding onto the piano. Subtle but a solid nod to Get Out.

also the camera flash to Darius.

didn't think of the two different MJ's idea that J thought of, but I like.

Thought it would've made more sense if Benny was made up like Darius thought so it would be one person, but I like J's idea to make it come together.

I was gonna post in here after the Barbershop episode that that is why I wanted to wait till the season was over to binge the whole thing. I really liked the episode but I was thinking this is all I get this week? lol

48 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

But it obviously isnt going against white people, even though Donald does white face. I think its more on the pride of celebrity, and the price it comes with it

Yeah it is about riches and fame. Also a lot of the dialogue was about if all good art comes from pain. They obviously used MJ as the vehicle to express the message but it probably also had a lot to do with Donald Glover himself.

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Also a lot of the dialogue was about if all good art comes from pain.

Last theory. Maybe the wheel chair guy was Teddy's/Benny's dad. And Teddy was gonna kill his dad to create pain for himself because he hasn't made good music in a long time and he thinks all good art comes from pain. And he used Darius so he wouldn't go to jail. 

7 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

another take on it

it's a thread so click it if you want to read the rest

Interesting stuff. So Benny was actually the father? But when Darius comes back to get his piano, they are watching a video of Benny on the piano with his father in the background. So Benny is an actual person right and not a made up character? I don't know, this is confusing me every time I think about it lol. 

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Donald Glover is so damn talented. 

What is your theory on that episode? 

I felt a big Michael Jackson connection. I think him saying his brother is referring to the darker-skin version of himself. Trapped inside of himself with taste of Get Out. The scene where Darius is looking at the pictures of the other celebs he worked with are the same people MJ took pictures with or worked with at some point. I have to watch it again , but someone told me the song he was playing on the piano was " Ben" . Everytime someone brings this up, I have to watch it. 

Edited by rickyt31

On 4/10/2018 at 4:56 PM, rickyt31 said:

I felt a big Michael Jackson connection. I think him saying his brother is referring to the darker-skin version of himself. Trapped inside of himself with taste of Get Out. The scene where Darius is looking at the pictures of the other celebs he worked with are the same people MJ took pictures with or worked with at some point. I have to watch it again , but someone told me the song he was playing on the piano was " Ben" . Everytime someone brings this up, I have to watch it. 

Yeah, I definitely feel it was centered around Michael Jackson. Just from there it gets a little cloudy lol. 

Can't wait for today's episode. I wonder who they center it around or which situation they center around it. Awesome season thus far.

14 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, I definitely feel it was centered around Michael Jackson. Just from there it gets a little cloudy lol. 

Can't wait for today's episode. I wonder who they center it around or which situation they center around it. Awesome season thus far.

Yeah, it's creative and risky on Donald's part. I love it. This season has been completely different and still great. I write screenplays and I'm in love with the way this screenplay was written. 

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode as well. It's going to be tough to follow up. lol