NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

3 hours ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

Reminds me of Hugh Freeze and Ole Miss pulling top 5 football classes out of nowhere....

Freeze was at least at an SEC school in an area with major recruiting pipelines. Penny just landed the #1 class in the country at a mid-major school that hasn't made the NCAA tournament in like 6 years. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Freeze was at least at an SEC school in an area with major recruiting pipelines. Penny just landed the #1 class in the country at a mid-major school that hasn't made the NCAA tournament in like 6 years. 

Yeah, money buys no matter where you are lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

penny is going to be a poor man's coach cal, and i mean that in a bad way. 

lol let the salt flow through you. You're just salty because Memphis about to be relevant again and nobody gives two craps about Houston. 

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

lol let the salt flow through you. You're just salty because Memphis about to be relevant again and nobody gives two craps about Houston. 

Hardaway has very little coaching experience. They're going to be a very, very young team with limited guard play. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:59 PM, TitanSlim said:

Maybe Memphis is paying guys. I said it before though....

When your coaching staff consist of one of the coolest, most popular players of his era who already has built relationships through AAU, a guy who has played in the NBA as recently as 2017 and played on the infamous "Heatles" team and a coach who was a former NBA coach of the year who coached and played with the likes of KG, Chris Bosh & KAT, it's easy for me to believe a bunch of 17-19 year olds will soak up everything they're selling them.

I lean towards Memphis being at least somewhat dirty but I think this is a good point as well. I also think it’s important to note that more than one point can be true.  Even if they are dirty, they aren’t recruiting this well unless they are also good recruiters considering almost everyone is paying someone. What I’m really curious about is how long the roster takes to get going. They’re adding 8! Scholarship players this year. Their entire rotation may be guys that have never played together before. Even Duke is usually only taking 4/5 guys a year. I could easily see them struggling to start the year before things start to come together. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

UH the best team in the conference until proven otherwise.  Penny aint gonna walk through the conference like that especially once Cincy, Uconn, and Witchita St gets good again.