NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Even if we dont get Cryer, Jamal Shead is a pretty damn good player and I absolutely love our chances to get him.

Yeah he’s good. We’re interested but haven’t offered yet, I don’t think we’ll have too many open spots next year maybe 1-2 max. 

Peavy gets one of those and then we’ll see from there. Greg Brown would be nice.

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Matthew Hurt made it official earlier and committed to Duke. We needed him. TJ Leaf with more shooting. 

He's solid but I've never understood why he was so highly regarded. I don't see a top 10 player in this class when I watch Hurt. He's goonie as all hell. That said, he's a perfect fit in Durham.

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

He's solid but I've never understood why he was so highly regarded. I don't see a top 10 player in this class when I watch Hurt. He's goonie as all hell. That said, he's a perfect fit in Durham.

This class is terrible so he deserves to be top 10. He's a TJ Leaf clone but a better perimeter shooter. Going to be terrible on defense though but we needed another scorer. Next years team might actually be better than this years group tbh. 

UNC is landing Cole Anthony early next week, congrats, he's going to be special. Best player in the class by a considerable margin, IMO. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

This class is terrible so he deserves to be top 10. He's a TJ Leaf clone but a better perimeter shooter. Going to be terrible on defense though but we needed another scorer. Next years team might actually be better than this years group tbh. 

Eh, there's a few guys behind him that I feel should be ahead of him in rankings but it's neither here nor there.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

UNC is landing Cole Anthony early next week, congrats, he's going to be special. 

Awesome. We'll waste a special one and done with arguably the least talented team Roy Williams has had since he came to UNC.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Eh, there's a few guys behind him that I feel should be ahead of him in rankings but it's neither here nor there.

Awesome. We'll waste a special one and done with arguably the least talented team Roy Williams has had since he came to UNC.

He's so skilled offensively, he's literally the prototypical Duke 4 man. He's going to be so hated next year at Duke, can't wait. As far as Duke comparisons go I'd say he's a Kyle Singler/Ryan Kelly hybrid. 

Heard you guys are pursuing some grad transfer that's supposed to be pretty good. And we'll see, college basketball is going to be meh across the board next year. Anthony has the ability to be a Kyrie Irving level player as a freshman, he's a killer. I was actually hoping Coby would've came back, a White/Anthony backcourt would've been the best duo that Roy has ever had.

Edited by NYRaider

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Heard you guys are pursuing some grad transfer that's supposed to be pretty good. And we'll see, college basketball is going to be meh across the board next year. Anthony has the ability to be a Kyrie Irving level player as a freshman, he's a killer. I was actually hoping Coby would've came back, a White/Anthony backcourt would've been the best duo that Roy has ever had.

Pretty sure we're pursuing both Justin Pierce (W&M) and Christian Keeling (GA Southern). I know we were after Rayjon Tucker but he has so many damn schools after him, it'll be hard to lock him down. We need him badly though.

Outside of Anthony, our guards are terrible. We've got that Francis kid coming in but his stock has plummeted throughout his senior season. Our guards on our current roster? Brandon Robinson, Seventh Woods, Leaky Black, Andrew Platek and Shea Rush. Not great, Bob.

If we don't land Tucker, we're looking at a .500 team and a sub-.500 ACC record. If we land Tucker? We're right back in the thick of things. Our 2019-2020 season is literally in the hands of a kid from UALR.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If we don't land Tucker, we're looking at a .500 team and a sub-.500 ACC record. If we land Tucker? We're right back in the thick of things. Our 2019-2020 season is literally in the hands of a kid from UALR.

Meh, I don't think it will be that bad. Still a lot of transfer options available as well as guys that could potentially reclassify. There's still a long, long way to go before we can really project next season.

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

As I said before, I just hope guys can stay the course and don't get frustrated or lose patience.Guys like Boogie Ellis and Joey Baker may not get the PT they'd like next season but they could be huge impact players here if they wait it out.

Unfortunately, the transfer of guys like Jordan Tucker and Semi Ojeleye in recent years has led me to err on the side of caution.

Also wanted to point out that Memphis could potentially have a scary good recruiting class. Their class could be (ranking based off 247)....

James Wiseman(C)#1 recruit

Precious Achiuwa(F)-#13

Trendon Watford(F)-#27

DJ Jeffries(F)-#47

Lester Quinones(G)-#64

*RJ Hampton(G)-#5

* If he reclassifiy.

I'm interested to see what Penny and company will do if they get close to that recruiting class.

9 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Also wanted to point out that Memphis could potentially have a scary good recruiting class. Their class could be (ranking based off 247)....

James Wiseman(C)#1 recruit

Precious Achiuwa(F)-#13

Trendon Watford(F)-#27

DJ Jeffries(F)-#47

Lester Quinones(G)-#64

*RJ Hampton(G)-#5

* If he reclassifiy.

I'm interested to see what Penny and company will do if they get close to that recruiting class.

penny has to convince them to play together but they should be a very good team this upcoming season.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Meh, I don't think it will be that bad. Still a lot of transfer options available as well as guys that could potentially reclassify. There's still a long, long way to go before we can really project next season.

Meh. Outside of Tucker, I don't see any grad transfers or reclassifying kids that make any type of difference for us. Anthony will get all he wants next year, that's for sure. Without Tucker though, we're not going to be good. We'll be too weak at the 2nd guard spot (none of them can shoot for ****) and depth wise. Anthony would literally have to play 40 minutes in every big game just for us to have a chance at competing.

If we only land Anthony

G Anthony | Francis
G Woods | Black | Platek
G/F Robinson | Rush
F Brooks | Manley
F/C Bacot | Huffman

If we land Anthony and Tucker

G Anthony | Francis
G Woods | Black | Platek
G/F Tucker | Robinson | Rush
F Brooks | Manley
F/C Bacot | Huffman

UNC landed 5* guard Cole Anthony (#1 PG, #2 Overall) and 4* guard Anthony Harris (#8 CG, #65 Overall) today. Christian Keeling from Charleston Southern is also visiting UNC and will likely end up there. And just like that things are looking up for the Tarheels next season. @beekay414 I told you not to worry buddy. Keeling averaged 19/7/3 last year and can shoot the ball, would give you guys a really solid backcourt. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

UNC landed 5* guard Cole Anthony (#1 PG, #2 Overall) and 4* guard Anthony Harris (#8 CG, #65 Overall) today. Christian Keeling from Charleston Southern is also visiting UNC and will likely end up there. And just like that things are looking up for the Tarheels next season. @beekay414 I told you not to worry buddy. Keeling averaged 19/7/3 last year and can shoot the ball, would give you guys a really solid backcourt. 

Didn't count on Harris and can't really count too much on him until we know how he recovers from the ACL tear. He's a great long term piece though as he should be a 3-4 year player for Roy. We have one scholarship left. Keeling is going to get it if he wants it. The others up for it are  Precious Achiuwa (doubtful - think he ends up at Memphis), Rayjon Tucker or, lastly, Justin Pierce. I still prefer Tucker to Keeling but I'm okay with Keeling. 

G Anthony | Black | Francis
G Woods | Harris | Platek
G/F Keeling | Robinson | Rush
F Brooks | Manley
F/C Bacot | Huffman

Looks like a Sweet 16 team at best tho.

Would be so much nicer had we not done the stupid thing and given Shea Rush a scholarship. Then we could've double dipped in the Grad Transfer market. Pulling Keeling AND Tucker/Pierce would've been so much better. Rush replaced Stilman White as the WTF scholarship on the team.

Edited by beekay414