NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

I still don't understand the concept of a super team in college. If two 5*s have already committed to a school and I'm a 5*, I'm looking elsewhere.

It makes more sense in the NBA when you've already been paid, but going to a team with so many talents really limits your ability to showcase your own abilities. Obviously it works sometimes, but I'm not risking that.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

I still don't understand the concept of a super team in college. If two 5*s have already committed to a school and I'm a 5*, I'm looking elsewhere.

It makes more sense in the NBA when you've already been paid, but going to a team with so many talents really limits your ability to showcase your own abilities. Obviously it works sometimes, but I'm not risking that.

because they are still kids. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Didn't count on Harris and can't really count too much on him until we know how he recovers from the ACL tear. He's a great long term piece though as he should be a 3-4 year player for Roy. We have one scholarship left. Keeling is going to get it if he wants it. The others up for it are  Precious Achiuwa (doubtful - think he ends up at Memphis), Rayjon Tucker or, lastly, Justin Pierce. I still prefer Tucker to Keeling but I'm okay with Keeling. 

G Anthony | Black | Francis
G Woods | Harris | Platek
G/F Keeling | Robinson | Rush
F Brooks | Manley
F/C Bacot | Huffman

Looks like a Sweet 16 team at best tho.

Would be so much nicer had we not done the stupid thing and given Shea Rush a scholarship. Then we could've double dipped in the Grad Transfer market. Pulling Keeling AND Tucker/Pierce would've been so much better. Rush replaced Stilman White as the WTF scholarship on the team.

I heard that Tucker doesn't have the grades and wouldn't be able to qualify at UNC. Would Keeling start at the 3? Isn't he like 6'1?

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

A lot of these kids have built friendships playing together in AAU ball and on Team USA growing up. 

Most of these kids know that you need to be on a talented team to win too. Plus, they're going to be playing with the best players in the world in the near future so if they're already avoiding competition in favor of being "the man" I'd say that's a bad sign.

Edited by NYRaider

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I heard that Tucker doesn't have the grades and wouldn't be able to qualify at UNC. Would Keeling start at the 3? Isn't he like 6'1?

Keeling is listed at 6'4" so he'd be the "big" guard on the floor. He also rebounds well enough to play the spot.

Edited by beekay414

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Keeling is listed at 6'4" so he'd be the "big" guard on the floor. He also rebounds well enough to play the spot.

Harris should play next year too right? Anthony/Bacot will be one of the best duos in the country, as long as your role players can hit shots and play defense you guys will be good. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harris should play next year too right? Anthony/Bacot will be one of the best duos in the country, as long as your role players can hit shots and play defense you guys will be good. 

Hard to tell since he tore his ACL in season IIRC. He could feasibly be back by ACC play but I'm not holding my breath for non-conference.

2 hours ago, Madridista said:

@RandyMossIsBoss I assume UVA doesn't actually have a shot at Johnny Juzang? Is he a 1 and done?

I'm a never say never kinda guy, but yeah this has UK written all over it. If a guy reclassifies AND is about to pick a school, you know he's already made his choice... and UK has been the early favorite. Only thing keeping me from thinking it's 100% UK is the fact that there's gonna be some real competition for PT unless Quickley transfers, but then again he's probably seen how Booker, Murray and Herro came to UK and then far surpassed their pre-season draft projections.

Definitely looks to be a 1 and done, especially if he goes to UK. Long + good shooter. 3 and D NBA wet dream.

22 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Well, Harris better get healthy by season start. Seventh Woods is transferring. Looks like we'll pull Keeling and Pierce after all. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Read that Pierce is likely Notre Dame bound.

Makes sense, I suppose, considering he's from the area. 

We need another guard now. There's a few decent ones in the transfer portal but we've only been linked to only Tucker (like you said, grades), Pierce and Keeling.