NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

Who are the studs in this class? I've fallen out of touch with prospects out of HS for a few years (as my college basketball fandom fell big time when Memphis lost good coaches). Now that Memphis is back on the map I'm starting to care again.

McDaniels might announce tonight (he is PST), but who knows, with every passing hour it gets less likely. I think if it doesn't come within a few hours we are not finding out until another date. Between Kentucky and Washington. UK made huge late push, to the point of being near unanimous prediction, but then Washington seemed to strike back enough that it's back to being an unknown. 

On 5/12/2019 at 3:10 PM, NYRaider said:

Despite losing Boogie Ellis late I still really like Duke's 2019 class, especially because Joey Baker is essentially a part of the group. Should be a good team next season, maybe even better than this years group TBH. 

G - Tre Jones | Jordan Goldwire

G - Cassius Stanley | Alex O'Connell 

F - Wendell Moore | Joey Baker

F - Matthew Hurt | Jack White

F - Vernon Carey Jr | Marques Bolden | Javin DeLaurier? 

Baker will crush it in his 17 minutes of PT

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Madridista said:

Chris Clarke to Texas Tech?

Just want to say that Chris Beard is winning the natty this upcoming season. Mark it down now

Lol you damn right.

So do I book my flights and hotel to Atlanta now or nah?

But for real, Clarke is a tremendous addition and if he can stay on the court he's immediately one of the best players in the Big 12. I can't imagine a better fit for a Chris Beard team either, dude was born to be a street dog. Love it.

Moretti | Edwards | Nadolny
Ramsey | McCullar
Corprew | Shannon
Clarke | Thomas | Savrasov
Holyfield | Tchewa

With still having room for 1 more (Tyreek Smith) and possibly even more than that, we'll see what they do with the back end of the roster...

22 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Who are the studs in this class? I've fallen out of touch with prospects out of HS for a few years (as my college basketball fandom fell big time when Memphis lost good coaches). Now that Memphis is back on the map I'm starting to care again.

This class isn't very good but the best players are Cole Anthony, Anthony Edwards, and James Wiseman. You guys could be pretty good next season.

• Like 1

This year Tech had 4 active players who were 4* players on one service or another (Moretti, Edwards, Francis, Corprew).

Right now, Tech has 9 players on the roster who are 4* players or better, and they still have a scholarship to give out. (Moretti, Edwards, Ramsey, McCullar, Corprew, Shannon, Clarke, Thomas, Tchewa). The way Beard has upgraded the talent level here in just 3 years is stupid.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:59 AM, NYRaider said:

Wrong Intel, all of the experts have Jalen Johnson to Duke and Duke has been the perceived leader for Brandon Boston for a while. Jeremy Roach, Brandon Boston, and Jalen Johnson have all been talking about playing together in college since last summer, Roach committing early is a big help for us.

Last 4 Crystal Balls for Boston have been to Kentucky. The rumors of his and Cooper (his teammate) being a package deal are strong.

Any DFW schools (TCU, SMU, UNT, UTA) get anyone good?
How's UT Austin's class?
Who were the best high school recruits from the DFW area (Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Richardson, Mansfield, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Denton, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, DeSoto, Southlake, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Keller, Sanger, Roanoke, The Colony, Lewisville, Coppell, Carrollton, etc.)?

6 minutes ago, the lone star said:

Any DFW schools (TCU, SMU, UNT, UTA) get anyone good?
How's UT Austin's class?
Who were the best high school recruits from the DFW area (Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Plano, Richardson, Mansfield, Frisco, Allen, McKinney, Denton, Cedar Hill, Duncanville, DeSoto, Southlake, Hurst, Euless, Bedford, Keller, Sanger, Roanoke, The Colony, Lewisville, Coppell, Carrollton, etc.)?

SMU wont be getting anyone legit any time soon.  Don't know about the others.  Texas has a pretty good class coming in. Will Baker should be good and I like Donovan Williams.

This is the list for the top Texas recruits for the 2019 class.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeRecruitRankings/?InstitutionGroup=Highschool&State=TX