NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

12 minutes ago, winitall said:

*Glances upwards at the last few posts where I argue that the G League is going to be a threat for top players*

He was planning to reclassify regardless he just had to finish summer classes. With Covid-19 there's likely not even going to be a college basketball season this year. So would you rather sit out for free or sit out and get paid? Players being able to profit off of their likeness while playing college basketball will swing things back in its favor. More exposure, more money, and more flexibility. 

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 9:58 PM, NYRaider said:

He was planning to reclassify regardless he just had to finish summer classes. With Covid-19 there's likely not even going to be a college basketball season this year. So would you rather sit out for free or sit out and get paid? Players being able to profit off of their likeness while playing college basketball will swing things back in its favor. More exposure, more money, and more flexibility. 

Yup.  And if Bates is to reclassify, he would have to spend two years in college because he wont be 19 in time for the NBA requirements.  The G league route is a one year deal as far as I know.  If the rules don't change, I dont see a way that Bates doesnt end up at MSU, and likely will end up in 2021 with Max Christie. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Because most of the 5* are undecided, FSU has the #1 ranked 21' class right now, according to Rivals.

NAME POS LOCATION HT WT STARS RATING COMMITTED

G

Norristown, PA

6'5"

8/9/20
VERBAL

C

Marianna, FL

7'3"

7/30/20
VERBAL

C

Greenville, SC

7'0"

7/29/20
VERBAL

G

Atlanta, GA

6'6"

7/21/20
VERBAL

G

Piedmont, SC

6'6"

2/8/20
VERBAL

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The best part of it is his ability to block shots while also changing possession. He NEVER swats the ball, always controls it. He's an impressive kid.

I was impressed last night.  More so than I was with Bates.  He plays smart, great instincts on D and he made enough plays early on to completely own the paint and change peoples plans when they came into the paint.  Bates and his team were afraid to go inside and it changed the flow of the game.  Not to mention he has a nice outside shot and is relatively athletic for his size.  I was skeptical, but he brought it. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The only issue with Holmgren is his frame. He is super narrow so there really isn't much room to add muscle. I could see him maxing out at 7'+ and 210 lbs.

porzingis.jpg?w=315&h=256

Porzingis had a better looking frame for future bulk at that age.  His shoulders were wider and already has some definition.  The worst thing for Chet might be a mega bulking program since his body doesn’t look ready right now.  Body weight exercises and continuing coordination stuff is the way to go for now. #armchairtrainer 

1 minute ago, DirtyDez said:

Porzingis had a better looking frame for future bulk at that age.  His shoulders were wider and already has some definition.  The worst thing for Chet might be a mega bulking program since his body doesn’t look ready right now.  Body weight exercises and continuing coordination stuff is the way to go for now. #armchairtrainer 

Yeah, Holmgren has a super narrow base. Even his waist is slim. Porzingis was a little thicker and less narrow so he had the ability to put on more weight. I just don't see much room for Chet to gain more than 20 lbs or so.

On 11/12/2020 at 10:11 PM, beekay414 said:

Chet Holmgren is built like a stick figure but white boy got some crazy game. Holy ****.

White boy named Chet who’s the number one recruit would’ve been a guaranteed Dukie in yesteryears. Times have changed.

Seriously though, the other day was my first time seeing him and boy was he impressive. Emoni Bates had all the hype for best High Schooler since who knows but Chet outplayed him imo (and it wasn’t like Bates was bad or anything). Like you said, his frame is my biggest concern but he’s young.