NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

5* FL big man Efton Reid is still in play for UNC. He's letting Hubert Davis make his pitch before he commits. Our coaches were dumb enough to go all out on Chet Holmgren rather than just going after Reid in the first place. He wants to be a Heel but the damage may have been done already.

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

ESPN's recruiting rankings are terrible. AJ Griffin will be a top 5 pick in the draft next year.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s right there in the discussion for the number one pick, by this time next year. Especially, if his jumper is legit and he has another mini growth spurt.

Not a lot not to like about him.

Edited by TitanSlim

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if he’s right there in the discussion for the number one pick, by this time next year. Especially, if his jumper is legit and he has another mini growth spurt.

Not a lot not to like about him.

247 has him #7 overall, which I think is fair. He's going to be a dog for us though, a better Justise Winslow. Read that we may be landing PBJ after all as well. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

247 has him #7 overall, which I think is fair. He's going to be a dog for us though, a better Justise Winslow. Read that we may be landing PBJ after all as well. 

I’ll believe when it happens. Brakefield and Henry Coleman transferring and Hurt leaving has certainly raised my eyebrows a bit though. If he were to come next year’s team has potential of being 

Backcourt-Roach/Keels/Griffin Jr./Moore/Blakes

Frontcourt-Banchero/Baldwin Jr./Williams/Baker/John

9 deep rotation with Blakes getting minutes here and there.

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

I’ll believe when it happens. Brakefield and Henry Coleman transferring and Hurt leaving has certainly raised my eyebrows a bit though. If he were to come next year’s team has potential of being 

Backcourt-Roach/Keels/Griffin Jr./Moore/Blakes

Frontcourt-Banchero/Baldwin Jr./Williams/Baker/John

9 deep rotation with Blakes getting minutes here and there.

Even if we don't land PBJ we'll still be very good next season. 

G - Roach | Blakes

G - Moore | Keels 

F - Griffin | Baker

F - Banchero | Jones

F - Williams | John

Banchero will likely be ACC POY and our front court will be one of, if not the, best in the country. I'm also expecting big sophomore break out seasons from Jeremy Roach and Mark Williams. I wish we would've brought back Coleman and Steward though.

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, ESPN is terrible when it comes to recruiting. 247 is the best, I miss scout.com. 

i used to intern for scout.com.  I didnt cover basketball, i covered football mostly.  Scout merging to 247 was the best fort them. 

Edited by Texansfan713

On 5/5/2021 at 12:32 AM, 11sanchez11 said:

Tyty is announcing in a week. Seems like it is down to UK and AZ, or D Lg. 

Sounds like a UK lock. Unfortunate, dude chills with a bunch of UA football/bball players on the regular (he's from AZ) so thought they had a chance. 

We went from having too many guards to having 1 guard lol. I think 4 of them have transferred or recommitted