NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

Duke's 2022 class under Scheyer looks like it's going to be one of the best recruiting classes in the history of the program. Expecting something like: 

• Dariq Whitehead (#2 SF, #4 overall player)

• Dereck Lively II (#1 C, #5 overall player)

• Mark Mitchell (#3 SF, #9 overall player)

• Caleb Foster (#3 PG, #12 overall player) [Reclassifying from 2023 to 2022]

• Kyle Filipowski (#5 C, #30 overall player)

• Jaden Schutt (#21 SG, #162 overall player)

If Bates does indeed go to Memphis then the announcement must be made soon - very soon - as the last day for late enrollment at Memphis is August 26th.

Something that has come to light in the last 24 hours is that Bates already has a Memphis school email account. However, what that means is that he has been accepted into school and not necessarily enrolled, per industry sources with knowledge of the admissions process.

Still, this is very encouraging for Memphis fans as it is rare for prospects to go through the efforts of applying and getting accepted into school and then not attend that school.

Regardless, the intel is still indicating that Memphis is the leader but my personal confidence is slightly lower with Bates than it was with Duren. There is still a chance that Oregon or the G League could come away with the prized prospect but there is little-to-no expectation that he will wind back up with Michigan State.

@Oregon Ducks @Texansfan713

Edited by NYRaider

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

#5? I've been hearing about this guy for like 6 years.

He just reclassified from 2022 to 2021 but even before he did he was #2 in the composite rankings behind Jalen Duren. He's really good but last year in high school he had 38/26/79 shooting splits. 

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He just reclassified from 2022 to 2021 but even before he did he was #2 in the composite rankings behind Jalen Duren. He's really good but last year in high school he had 38/26/79 shooting splits. 

Last year was rough for him.  I hope he learned that he needs to be a team player and play D if he wants to win.  He became a ball hog and a chucker last year. Throwing up horrible shots instead of finding open teammates.  Sounds like he figured it out more in the summer.  He has loads of talent, and I just hope he has the drive and mindset to maximize it. 

6 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Last year was rough for him.  I hope he learned that he needs to be a team player and play D if he wants to win.  He became a ball hog and a chucker last year. Throwing up horrible shots instead of finding open teammates.  Sounds like he figured it out more in the summer.  He has loads of talent, and I just hope he has the drive and mindset to maximize it. 

Yeah I don't think playing for his dads fake school helped him.