NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

56 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

The homerism is thick in here.  You can hope Sampson can reload and instantly turn the next wave into studs but he has to prove it first.  It get it, it sucks when a conference foe out recruits you and is better than you, but it just is what it is.  

not sure why its homerism but ok dude.

Edited by Texansfan713

On paper:

Houston lost their two best players (including AAC POY), and brought in a couple solid transfers.

Memphis pulled in two of the best freshman in the country, brought in a solid transfer, and bolstered their coaching staff.

The homerism is acting as if it's a foregone conclusion that Houston will still be incredible and Memphis won't be that good. On paper, Memphis has a major talent and length advantage. That doesn't mean they'll be better than Houston but you're refusal to think it's even possible is the homerism.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

On paper:

Houston lost their two best players (including AAC POY), and brought in a couple solid transfers.

Memphis pulled in two of the best freshman in the country, brought in a solid transfer, and bolstered their coaching staff.

The homerism is acting as if it's a foregone conclusion that Houston will still be incredible and Memphis won't be that good. On paper, Memphis has a major talent and length advantage. That doesn't mean they'll be better than Houston but you're refusal to think it's even possible is the homerism.

duke had one of the best classes a couple of season ago with one of the best ever coaches and how did that work out for them?  until penny can prove he can take a team to the tournament he has to get past houston.  memphis will be good, but to automatically assume they will just walk over an established tourney team in houston is real stupid. 

point! blank! period!

i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself.  idc what big time recruits he bring in.

Edited by Texansfan713

2 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

duke had one of the best classes a couple of season ago with one of the best ever coaches and how did that work out for them?  until penny can prove he can take a team to the tournament he has to get past houston.  memphis will be good, but to automatically assume they will just walk over an established tourney team in houston is real stupid. 

point! blank! period!

i dont know how many times i have to repeat myself.  idc what big time recruits he bring in.

That's your problem. Talent matters. You keep ignoring it.

Duke went 32-6 in the best conference in basketball with an SRS of 26.9 so they did pretty damn well.

I haven't said anything about Memphis walking over anyone. That's been everyone else. The point is Houston isn't automatically the best team in the conference they have to go through. Roster turnover matters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

That's your problem. Talent matters. You keep ignoring it.

Duke went 32-6 in the best conference in basketball with an SRS of 26.9 so they did pretty damn well.

I haven't said anything about Memphis walking over anyone. That's been everyone else. The point is Houston isn't automatically the best team in the conference they have to go through. Roster turnover matters.

then why didnt duke win the title with zion, barrett and cam reddish if talent matters?  give me coaching and development over recruiting ratings.  thats why sampson has outcoached penny every single meeting except 1 game. 

until penny can prove he can coach better than kelvin sampson memphis has to go through houston.

point blank period

Edited by Texansfan713

5 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

then why didnt duke win the title with zion, barrett and cam reddish if talent matters?  give me coaching and development over recruiting ratings.  thats why sampson has outcoached penny every single meeting except 1 game. 

until penny can prove he can coach better than kelvin sampson memphis has to go through houston.

point blank period

Talent doesn't guarantee you a title in a single elimination tournament. Anything can happen in a one game scenario. However, it's extremely important over the course of an entire season, and this is the most talented Memphis team in 14 years. Duke was a 1 seed that year for a reason.

23 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

this discussion going nowhere so i'll just leave it at that.

just keep that same energy when memphis gets owned again this season by houston. 

Keep what energy? I haven't once said who will be better. It's your insecurity taking everything being said as a threat. Let's do it this way: is it possible Memphis is better than Houston this year? Yes or no?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Keep what energy? I haven't once said who will be better. It's your insecurity taking everything being said as a threat. Let's do it this way: is it possible Memphis is better than Houston this year? Yes or no?

my bad. that was directed at the others.

for the record i wasnt trying to hijack the thread with houston/memphis talk because im pretty sure nobody really cares about it.  memphis being good is good for the conference.   

its definitely possible memphis could be better than houston this year.  you can make several cases why each team could win the conference however. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1