NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And lose in the Sweet 16 anyways. 

We will see. This years Duke team is going to be very, very good. Paolo Banchero will be the best player in the country by far and it's probably the biggest, most athletic team K has ever had. UNC even gonna make the dance?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Paolo Banchero will be the best player in the country by far

K Peralta GIF

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

UNC even gonna make the dance?

Schitts Creek Comedy GIF by CBC

But I'm not out here every CBB post saying how good my team is. Y'all still have ****ty guard play and you've said it yourself that CBB is a guard driven sport.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

K Peralta GIF

But I'm not out here every CBB post saying how good my team is. Y'all still have ****ty guard play and you've said it yourself that CBB is a guard driven sport.

You don't think Banchero has a chance to be the best player in the country this year? Kid is 6'11" 250 doing this...

And our guard play is a question mark but I wouldn't say that it's sh***y. Jeremy Roach was a 5* recruit but was coming off of a torn ACL last year, I expect a leap this season. Trevor Keels will be one of the best freshmen guards in the country, Wendell Moore looks to have made a leap coming into his Jr season, and AJ Griffin Jr (potential top 5 pick) will be back in a month. But hey, do you playboy. Love and Bacot should be pretty okay.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You don't think Banchero has a chance to be the best player in the country this year? Kid is 6'11" 250 doing this...

That's not what you said...playboy.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And our guard play is a question mark but I wouldn't say that it's sh***y. Jeremy Roach was a 5* recruit but was coming off of a torn ACL last year, I expect a leap this season. Trevor Keels will be one of the best freshmen guards in the country, Wendell Moore looks to have made a leap coming into his Jr season, and AJ Griffin Jr (potential top 5 pick) will be back in a month. But hey, do you playboy.

Lotta hoping there, my guy.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Love and Bacot should be pretty okay

And they'll probably beat Duke anyways. I have no expectations this year so

Perry Cox Reaction GIF

Just now, beekay414 said:

That's not what you said...playboy.

Lotta hoping there, my guy.

I said our lack of depth on the perimeter is concerning especially with Griffin's injury. But he was dancing at CTC last night and is only expected to miss a month, dude's a top 5 pick. 

Hoping that a 5* recruit that was coming off of a major injury can play better healthy? Hoping that a 5* recruit that had offers from every major program in the country can be one of the best freshmen guards in the country? 

Who cares, let's see how ya feel when the season starts and you get to see us play. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

I said our lack of depth on the perimeter is concerning especially with Griffin's injury. But he was dancing at CTC last night and is only expected to miss a month, dude's a top 5 pick. 

Hoping that a 5* recruit that was coming off of a major injury can play better healthy? Hoping that a 5* recruit that had offers from every major program in the country can be one of the best freshmen guards in the country? 

Who cares, let's see how ya feel when the season starts and you get to see us play. 

lol no. C'mon, you can't be this dense. You said "Paolo Banchero will be the best player in the country by far" which is what I quoted. Then came back with "you don't think he'll be one of the best players in the country?"

How you miss this, my man? 

And, yes, your backcourt is a question mark. Rankings mean jack **** if they haven't done it on the court. I'm a UNC fan, I know this.

lol no. C'mon, you can't be this dense. You said "Paolo Banchero will be the best player in the country by far" which is what I quoted. Then came back with "you don't think he'll be one of the best players in the country?"

How you miss this, my man? 

And, yes, your backcourt is a question mark. Rankings mean jack **** if they haven't done it on the court. I'm a UNC fan, I know this.

I think that he will be the best player in the country this year. Dude is a complete freak at his size with his skill-set, there's a reason basically everyone has him projected to be the 1st pick in the draft. He was just named an Athlon Sports preseason 1st team All-American alongside Timme, Cockburn, Jackson-Davis, and Juzang. I think there's a good chance that he is significantly better than all of those players this year. 

What teams in college basketball this year have backcourts that are guaranteed to be good? 

I think that he will be the best player in the country this year.

Again, that's not what you said but do you.

He was just named an Athlon Sports preseason 1st team All-American

Did you or did you not make the claim that Emoni Bates shouldn't be named 1st team Pre-season All-AAC since he's never played in the conference or no? You should be a politician.

Yes...there it is.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

What teams in college basketball this year have backcourts that are guaranteed to be good? 

Villanova, UCLA, Kansas, Texas, Oregon, Illinois

Just off the top of my head

Again, that's not what you said but do you.

Did you or did you not make the claim that Emoni Bates shouldn't be named 1st team Pre-season All-AAC since he's never played in the conference or no? You should be a politician.

Yes...there it is.

Villanova, UCLA, Kansas, Texas, Oregon, Illinois

Just off the top of my head

What did I say? The comment you just posted was referring to Duke's roster last year...

I don't agree with freshmen that have never played a minute being named to All-American teams. Does that change the fact that Banchero just was? Does that change the fact that everyone and their mom has him projected as the #1 overall pick? Or do you just know more about basketball than everyone?

UCLA wasn't even that good last season just got hot in the tournament. Aren't most of Texas players transfers and they have a new coach, lol. Kansas has Braun who was okay and a transfer that has never played there. Oregon lost Duarte and brings back Will Richardson plus two transfers that have never played there. Illinois backcourt looks solid but they lost their best player/guard. Almost every team is being ranked based on projection at this point. 

Regardless your opinion on Duke basketball means nothing to me. We have less than a month to go and we'll find out then, personally I am very excited for our team this year.

If you don't think Banchero is going to be elite and likely the best player in the country, you are in for a nice surprise my friend. He's going to be very, very, very good. Just wait and see. 

I never said he wasn't going to be. You said he'd be the best player in the country "by far" which is laughable. It's funny that you still can't decipher this. Thickheaded dude.

Let's make a bet, shall we?

Duke wins the title and Banchero wins NPOY, I'll leave the site. Neither happens, you leave. You wouldn't back up your **** with the Bucks so show me something, kid.

I never said he wasn't going to be. You said he'd be the best player in the country "by far" which is laughable. It's funny that you still can't decipher this. Thickheaded dude.

Let's make a bet, shall we?

Duke wins the title and Banchero wins NPOY, I'll leave the site. Neither happens, you leave. You wouldn't back up your **** with the Bucks so show me something, kid.

I personally think he will be the best player in the country, by far. Vegas has him sitting at #2 in NPOY odds and he has never played a minute of college basketball. I think it's safe to assume that the general expectation's for him are very high across the board. 

Injuries are such a major factor in all of this so I can't take the bet, what if he gets hurt. I'll make the same bet with you that the Bucks don't win the title and Giannis isn't MVP though.