NCAA Recruiting Thread

Kmart128

• 4 weeks later...

Feel like recruiting sites are under-ranking Bronny James for fear of being seen as the site/service that overranks him. ESPN especially, which is hilarious.

Like, Simeon Wilcher is committed to UNC so I've been watching a lot of him and there's absolutely no way he's a better prospect than Bronny James. Nowhere near as explosive an athlete and his jumper is ugly as hell. Meanwhile, Bronny is arguably the most explosive player in his class and his jumper is pure. 

I suspect, by the time the final 2023 rankings happen, they'll be vastly different. DJ Wagner likely goes wire-to-wire as the #1 prospect but Bronny's gonna climb.

15 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Feel like recruiting sites are under-ranking Bronny James for fear of being seen as the site/service that overranks him. ESPN especially, which is hilarious.

Like, Simeon Wilcher is committed to UNC so I've been watching a lot of him and there's absolutely no way he's a better prospect than Bronny James. Nowhere near as explosive an athlete and his jumper is ugly as hell. Meanwhile, Bronny is arguably the most explosive player in his class and his jumper is pure. 

I suspect, by the time the final 2023 rankings happen, they'll be vastly different. DJ Wagner likely goes wire-to-wire as the #1 prospect but Bronny's gonna climb.

I've noticed Bronny slipping as the 23 class rankings have expanded. A year ago when it was just top 60ish or so for 2023 he was a 5 star. Is he still just the 6'3 he is listed at?

Could be the case that they're afraid to get called out, but then you see all of them rank Arch #1 or #2 OVERALL with no hesitation so I don't think they're too afraid about overhyping royalty. Honestly it could just be the fact that since there is no chance Bronny goes to college, it really doesn't matter how they rank him as far as class rankings go, so perhaps they are being less thorough with his scouting and rating.

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I've noticed Bronny slipping as the 23 class rankings have expanded. A year ago when it was just top 60ish or so for 2023 he was a 5 star. Is he still just the 6'3 he is listed at?

Could be the case that they're afraid to get called out, but then you see all of them rank Arch #1 or #2 OVERALL with no hesitation so I don't think they're too afraid about overhyping royalty. Honestly it could just be the fact that since there is no chance Bronny goes to college, it really doesn't matter how they rank him as far as class rankings go, so perhaps they are being less thorough with his scouting and rating.

Eh Arch is a QB and those tools standout more. Bronny is still listed at 6'3" but he plays bigger since he's such an insane athlete. 

They have Reed Sheppard rated 16 spots higher than him ffs lol. There's no way. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Bronny isn't good enough to go prep to pro. Unless you're saying he goes the G-League route.

On 12/8/2021 at 1:52 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Bronny hasn't produced at a high level in HS yet, next summer will be huge for him on the AAU circuit. Where is Bronny going if he doesn't play in college?

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Bronny hasn't produced at a high level in HS yet, next summer will be huge for him on the AAU circuit. Where is Bronny going if he doesn't play in college?

G League just like Zaire Wade (who wouldn't start on a single P5 team). Lebron may not own any G league teams (yet) like Dwyane, but I'm sure he has pull, not to mention the draw of "Lebron's son" is more than enough.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

G League just like Zaire Wade (who wouldn't start on a single P5 team). Lebron may not own any G league teams (yet) like Dwyane, but I'm sure he has pull, not to mention the draw of "Lebron's son" is more than enough.

Zaire wasn't a legitimate D1 prospect at all and has been absolutely terrible in the G-League. 

I think Bronny will end up at a major D1 program, potentially Duke. He tore his meniscus prior to AAU ball last spring so he wasn't able to play and usually guys take off during AAU ball the summer before their senior season. LeBron posted a video of him (believe this is it) and he's literally looking at the rim. He'll get offers from big programs. 

On 12/10/2021 at 3:38 PM, TitanSlim said:

Plus the #9 guy (Caleb Foster) in 2023 and sounds like their in good position to add the #3 guy (Mackenzie Mgbako).

Scheyer is doing some high level ‘cruitin right now.

Just landed Christian Reeves too, 7'1" 240 3* recruit that plays at Oak Hill Academy with Caleb. I'm assuming that Mark, Paolo, and Griffin will all declare for the draft. Wendell Moore and Trevor Keels are wild cards but if both come back to school Duke could be scary good.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Just landed Christian Reeves too, 7'1" 240 3* recruit that plays at Oak Hill Academy with Caleb. I'm assuming that Mark, Paolo, and Griffin will all declare for the draft. Wendell Moore and Trevor Keels are wild cards but if both come back to school Duke could be scary good.

I’m of the mindset that Jeremy Roach will be the only one returning. Wendell’s stock is pretty high at the moment and I don’t know if it’ll get any higher by returning for his senior year. Keels has shown enough to be a 1st rounder imo which would probably be enough for him to leave also.

I’d love to be wrong though because if either one of those guys comeback with the class we have coming in, look out….