Steelers Listening to trade offers for Bryant

DudeWhat???

I feel like i am one of the few steeler fans that want to keep him. I never trusted our OC with having the ability and know how to use 3 great WRs....he was placed as a decoy much of the season...i am proud of his ability to stay out of any real trouble so far.... 

if it happens ...for what team? what do you think the steelers would recieve?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-reportedly-listening-to-potential-trade-offers-for-martavis-bryant/

There's some good talent in the draft this year at WR.  This would be a good move for the Steelers if they can get a 2nd or 3rd round pick out of it.

I've been saying the Steelers should target Antonio Callaway in the draft.  Trading Bryant would open the door to drafting another WR.

Redskins could use him opposite Doctson. My thought process though is that I’d only give up a conditional draft pick for a player like him who’s one failed drug test away from being Josh Gordoned!

I’d like to know what the Steelers turned down from the Bills in 2017. I have to guess the Bills didn’t offer much because otherwise I’m sure Bryant would have been moved.

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Redskins could use him opposite Doctson. My thought process though is that I’d only give up a conditional draft pick for a player like him who’s one failed drug test away from being Josh Gordoned!

I’d like to know what the Steelers turned down from the Bills in 2017. I have to guess the Bills didn’t offer much because otherwise I’m sure Bryant would have been moved.

I heard a 4th. I get the risk of trading for a player with his history, but im glad we didnt trade him for that. He is worth more to us playing out his contract and possibly bringing back a comp pick when he leaves.

Our gamble is he pops hot again and we get nothing from him on the field or a pic but I'd rather take that chance over a late 4th.

24 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

The Bears and 49ers should inquire.

Everyone says this about the 49ers. Not sure why. I think the staff is pretty good with this receiver corps. Goodwin was excellent last year, would play a similar role and he costs 1.5 million this year I think. Garcon is still the number one, and Trent Taylor is the slot guy. We may add a guy to compete in that 3-4 range, but you pull that out in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft, not trade for a headcase with one year left on his deal unless you're doing it for like a 6th or a 7th, which I don't think that Pitt would be willing to give him up for. 

6 minutes ago, Big Snack said:

I heard a 4th. I get the risk of trading for a player with his history, but im glad we didnt trade him for that. He is worth more to us playing out his contract and possibly bringing back a comp pick when he leaves.

Our gamble is he pops hot again and we get nothing from him on the field or a pic but I'd rather take that chance over a late 4th.

If I’m the Steelers and I’m not going to get more than a 4th for him, I’d keep him. He’s likely to be better than he was last year considering the ups and down of his 2017 offseason, not even knowing if he’d be allowed to play and having not played in a while because of suspension.

If Bryant balls out this year, let him leave after next season and take the 3rd round comp pick back on compensation for him.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Everyone says this about the 49ers. Not sure why. I think the staff is pretty good with this receiver corps. Goodwin was excellent last year, would play a similar role and he costs 1.5 million this year I think. Garcon is still the number one, and Trent Taylor is the slot guy. We may add a guy to compete in that 3-4 range, but you pull that out in the 3rd or 4th round of the draft, not trade for a headcase with one year left on his deal unless you're doing it for like a 6th or a 7th, which I don't think that Pitt would be willing to give him up for. 

49ers could still use a big body target in the redzone. I don't think Bryant is the answer though. Too much of a headcase like you stated. 

Just now, PapaShogun said:

49ers could still use a big body target in the redzone. I don't think Bryant is the answer though. Too much of a headcase like you stated. 

Yeah, that wouldn't be a role I would acquire him for. Theoretically, red zone issues could be improved in a number of ways. One, and maybe the biggest, is through sheer variance. Second, an improved interior offensive line will help immensely, particularly within the 5 yard line. Progression from the likes of Kittle would also help to create a more friendly red zone target, as would a more downhill runner in the run game (Jeremy Hill, Crowell, someone like that). But yeah, we could use a niche role red zone type guy, that's for sure. Doesn't necessarily need to be a wide receiver though (another tight end, another running back, etc) 

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, that wouldn't be a role I would acquire him for. Theoretically, red zone issues could be improved in a number of ways. One, and maybe the biggest, is through sheer variance. Second, an improved interior offensive line will help immensely, particularly within the 5 yard line. Progression from the likes of Kittle would also help to create a more friendly red zone target, as would a more downhill runner in the run game (Jeremy Hill, Crowell, someone like that). But yeah, we could use a niche role red zone type guy, that's for sure. Doesn't necessarily need to be a wide receiver though (another tight end, another running back, etc) 

Someone like Bryant also brings more to the table than being useful in the redzone though. I should have stated that earlier. 49ers still don't have a receiver that can go up and out muscle someone at the point of attack due to body size. Someone like a Rob Gronkowski,  or Mike Evans. Allen Robinson might be available, but I'm guessing not. 

That being said, the baggage Bryant has doesn't seem to be worth it. Especially sine he only has a year left on his deal. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Garcon surprised in his time in San Fran, but he’ll also be a 32 year old receiver coming off a season ending neck injury.

Goodwin undoubtedly impressed in 2017, but has one year of productivity to his name. On top of that, he’s a small, one dimensional player. 

Martavis Bryant would come in and automatically be the best receiver on the team while having the size and speed to boot. Money isn’t really an issue with this squad either. 

I don’t see how the find themselves off the table for even inquiring. It’s not like they’re the Chargers or the Vikings at receiver.

Archived