Steelers Listening to trade offers for Bryant

DudeWhat???

4 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Martavis Bryant in a Kyle Shannahan offense with Jimmy Garropolo throwing him the rock? I'm thinking Pro Bowl/All Pro career moving forward - Andre Johnson/Julio Jones like production. Bryant would be a machine in that system.

John Lynch needs to keep his foot on the pedal and get him ASAP. 

Shanahan would have to get him to put forth 100% effort on every play and stay focused first to get those results. That would mean whole lot of "hey, MB....how the heck are going to let a 5'10 CB physically out-play you off the LOS" and  ..."next time turn around and look for the ball....you know this offense by now, get it together".

34 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I know that this isn't the point of your post and I'm just nit-picking but cmon now. Let's not get crazy here. ;)

You’re missing my point there. All I’m saying is he’s a 1st round talent, always has been. The problem with him - even before he was drafted - was off the field. That’s why he fell to round 4 in the draft. 

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re missing my point there. All I’m saying is he’s a 1st round talent, always has been. The problem with him - even before he was drafted - was off the field. That’s why he fell to round 4 in the draft. 

Hold up. Time-out. I understood your point in context to what you were replying too, but I kind of thought that your statement about him being worth first rounder was just a bit of a hyperbolic statement to get your point across and not something that you truly thought. Now your saying that you do believe that Bryant is worth a 1st rounder?!?!

That's just nuts man. Not even Miami could get a 1st for Bradon Marshall after coming off 2 consecutive pro-bowls seasons. Head-case or not, Braynt is NOT worth a 1st. I don';t care how you spin it man.

48 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I know that this isn't the point of your post and I'm just nit-picking but cmon now. Let's not get crazy here. ;)

To be fair... he's better than most of the first rounders Chicago has had this century. Pre-pace, I'd wager over half of them. lol

1 minute ago, Sugashane said:

To be fair... he's better than most of the first rounders Chicago has had this century. Pre-pace, I'd wager over half of them. lol

To be even fairer.....I AM probably better than most first rounders than Chicago has had lol.

31 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Hold up. Time-out. I understood your point in context to what you were replying too, but I kind of thought that your statement about him being worth first rounder was just a bit of a hyperbolic statement to get your point across and not something that you truly thought. Now your saying that you do believe that Bryant is worth a 1st rounder?!?!

That's just nuts man. Not even Miami could get a 1st for Bradon Marshall after coming off 2 consecutive pro-bowls seasons. Head-case or not, Braynt is NOT worth a 1st. I don';t care how you spin it man.

No, no , no.im saying his talent is like a 1st round player but he’s never been worth that because of off the field issues.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

No, no , no.im saying his talent is like a 1st round player but he’s never been worth that because of off the field issues.

It's not just his off-field issues those. Neither his cieling or his on-field production thus far in 3 years(I don't count rookie years for WR's) is worth a first round talent based on what he has shown. All head-case issues aside I would rather take my chances on a high-profile type of talent in the first round than I would Bryant. Seriously man. I have seen every Pitt game for the last like 3 decades and I'm telling you.....go back and watch those games and you will see first hand just bad he can be AT TIMES. Dropping passes or not fighting for the ball, not finishing routes, being lazy and rounding those out and cut-patterns...etc.

The man is not worth it. I would take my chances.

3 hours ago, MathMan said:

Straight up for Richard Sherman

NZQnBY67_400x400.jpg

3 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Are the Seahawks even expected to bring Richardson back? 

I know they have a lot to consider this offseason cap-wise. 

Really love Richardson, especially as a #2 or #3 guy. Dude consistently makes some of the most contested catches you’ll see. 

I'm not sure about Richardson's situation.  I really like him as well and hope he can return.

so... you're not in favor...or?

Figured you could get a jump on Sherman leaving next year.

Maybe Sherman and you get an extra 5th?

But not sure Pitt would take it with contract coming up.

Either you trade and both face each other in super bowl, or stand pat and neither gets there

1 hour ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Martavis Bryant in a Kyle Shannahan offense with Jimmy Garropolo throwing him the rock? I'm thinking Pro Bowl/All Pro career moving forward - Andre Johnson/Julio Jones like production. Bryant would be a machine in that system.

John Lynch needs to keep his foot on the pedal and get him ASAP. 

Yeah, but you know...headache.

Wasn't he crying on social media this past season about his role in the offense? 

12 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's not just his off-field issues those. Neither his cieling or his on-field production thus far in 3 years(I don't count rookie years for WR's) is worth a first round talent based on what he has shown. All head-case issues aside I would rather take my chances on a high-profile type of talent in the first round than I would Bryant. Seriously man. I have seen every Pitt game for the last like 3 decades and I'm telling you.....go back and watch those games and you will see first hand just bad he can be AT TIMES. Dropping passes or not fighting for the ball, not finishing routes, being lazy and rounding those out and cut-patterns...etc.

The man is not worth it. I would take my chances.

First round talent is a little subjective, isn’t it? 

Tavon Austin, Jonathan Baldwin, Kendall Wright, AJ Jenkins, Michael Floyd, and Breshad Perriman are all first round talents. Or at least, were deemed to be by executives (only a couple of those guys were thought of as major reaches in the 1st IMO). Bryant has shown more ability in the NFL than any of them. 

Not that being superior to first round busts makes one a first round talent/worthy of being picked in the first. Just that that term is pretty subjective. I think if you have a focused, dedicated Martavis Bryant than he would be picked in the first round of an NFL draft.

1 minute ago, Yin-Yang said:

First round talent is a little subjective, isn’t it? 

Tavon Austin, Jonathan Baldwin, Kendall Wright, AJ Jenkins, Michael Floyd, and Breshad Perriman are all first round talents. Or at least, were deemed to be by executives (only a couple of those guys were thought of as major reaches in the 1st IMO). Bryant has shown more ability in the NFL than any of them. 

Not that being superior to first round busts makes one a first round talent/worthy of being picked in the first. Just that that term is pretty subjective. I think if you have a focused, dedicated Martavis Bryant than he would be picked in the first round of an NFL draft.

Oh absolutely. The terms "first round talent" is very subjective. I agree. But given the fact that we have the benefit of hindsight here, I think it's pretty safe to say that Bryant isn't worth more than taking a flyer on a "purposed" #1st talent in the draft.

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Oh absolutely. The terms "first round talent" is very subjective. I agree. But given the fact that we have the benefit of hindsight here, I think it's pretty safe to say that Bryant isn't worth more than taking a flyer on a "purposed" #1st talent in the draft.

Agreed. 

I think the most Pittsburgh can expect out of a deal would be a 5th rounder.

Archived