Steelers Listening to trade offers for Bryant

DudeWhat???

30 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

If he had impeccable character he would still not be traded for a 1st round pick. He only knows how to run linear routes, he doesn't play as big as he is, and he's lazy on the field. I don't think he's terrible by any stretch, but he isn't some kind of on-field monster with a checkered past. You're either way overvaluing Martavis Bryant or undervaluing 1st round picks.

Again, reading comprehension. I'm going to explain this again. Try to re-read what I wrote and understand that I never said he'd be traded for a 1st. I said he's got first round talent and always has. I never said he'd be traded for a 1st.

3 minutes ago, kramxel said:

Is he even worth trading for?

The only reason you'd trade for him is if the rest of your team is set and you think he can come in and be a starting WR and help you be a contender for a super bowl. Also, if you traded for him now and then were able to re-sign him long term before or during the season you would be able to avoid having to compete with other teams a year from now for his services.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

The only reason you'd trade for him is if the rest of your team is set and you think he can come in and be a starting WR and help you be a contender for a super bowl. Also, if you traded for him now and then were able to re-sign him long term before or during the season you would be able to avoid having to compete with other teams a year from now for his services.

I honestly don't see him as a #1 or #2.. He may be a fancy addition, but I don't see great value in trading for him, unless it's a very late rounder. 

20 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’ve seen every Pitt game too and I disagree. Yeah he’s inconsistent but he has first round talent for a wr. If he didn’t have the off field issues when he came out of Clemson he would have went round 1 IMO. Most mocks had him mocked to round 2 even despite his off the field issues.

I see what your saying but I also feel like your putting your too much weight into his highest ceiling &/or potential as opposed to what he has shown thus far. 

IMO. When it comes to WR's, you can usually get a good feel of how good they're going to be within the 1st year and more-so following the second season since the variables that are aligned with the position on a game-to-game basis is generally the same. (I mean...the QB matters a bit and the scheme does too, to a point, but all-in-all you can still get a pretty good feel) With Bryant, we have 4 years of tape on him and there is nothing that suggests that he will ever reach that potential high pedestal that your putting him on. 

On 2/26/2018 at 1:39 AM, Sugashane said:

I would be fine with Chicago throwing a 5th for him. While I am not a fan of the drama he seems to have tied to him, Having Kendall Wright be the number one was horrible for Trubisky's development. IDK if Meredith is going to be 100% (though he tore his ACL very early last season so he may be), and I don't want a WR drafted at 8. I think these next 4 years should have a few veterans added to get immediate talent around Tru, then after his 5 years on the rookie deal are up he should be far more a finished product, and we should have several WRs developed into their roles. The FA WRs we could get this year would be able to be moved on from once Tru's contract becomes far more sizable.

The underlined points here. 

1) I would be fine with that as well. I would even go as far as a 4th or and a later round next year(although that's unlikely).   

2) Meredith is the new Wilson. A good but not great WR and another one that just continues to dangle that meat over our heads year after year until he fades.

3) I'm not sure we have a choice at this point. We need one BADLY! I won't be mad at a pass-rusher though and that goes for anyone opposite of Floyd or at DE. 

15 hours ago, kramxel said:

I honestly don't see him as a #1 or #2.. He may be a fancy addition, but I don't see great value in trading for him, unless it's a very late rounder. 

Another example of someone laughably overrating draft picks.

Like I said, I have no issue if people dont want to trade for him, but its funny how many people on here either ignore or are completely oblivious to draft statistics such as draft success rates.     Bryant, even for one year, is likely to provide more value than the vast majority of players drafted in rounds 5-7.     Even if you dont believe Bryant is starting caliber....which is a fair assessment, he creates matchup nightmares everywhere on the field, can take the top off of opposing defenses, and when he is on....he is hard to stop.

His inconsistency and maturity issues should scare some teams away....and thats fine.    However, even with those, he is far less of a risk than most late rounders and even most mid rounders.    He is a proven talent, even with his issues.     He is cheap for at least one year, and could pay off huge for the right team.       

That being said, I wouldnt trade him for anything less than a mid 3rd round pick.   Not saying we will get that for him....but Id rather keep him for his contract year (where alot of players break out) and possibly sign a big contract elsewhere next offseason, netting the Steelers a 3rd round comp in the process.....as opposed to foolishly trading him for a late round pick and not having his talents this year.

11 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

The underlined points here. 

1) I would be fine with that as well. I would even go as far as a 4th or and a later round next year(although that's unlikely).   

2) Meredith is the new Wilson. A good but not great WR and another one that just continues to dangle that meat over our heads year after year until he fades.

3) I'm not sure we have a choice at this point. We need one BADLY! I won't be mad at a pass-rusher though and that goes for anyone opposite of Floyd or at DE. 

With two 4th rounders I wouldn't be disappointed in using one on Bryant at all. The only way I would look at anything higher would be to swap 2nd rounders with them. Even then I would want something else in compensation as well I think.

I'm fine with him being a good but not great WR. He was an UFA and getting anything out of him would be fantastic, I would love for him to continue to be a top slot WR. He may never be Thielan, but I'm more than happy to extend him if he is healthy.

I think if they are going to force the pick, then try and get any trade down they can, even if it is just a few spots for a 3rd or 4th. I would be happy to double down and get 2 WRs, I actually really like this class. No Megatrons or Larry Fitzgeralds, but I think there can be some number ones and several high end number twos to come out of this draft. With a trade back that makes it easier for me to see the swing on a WR in the first, but Iwould still like to get a 2nd and 4th round pairing of WRs. Still a fan of Callaway as a 4th round option, he made some stupid choices and cost himself millions so I won't demonize him for it. But he is a first round talent and we need talent badly. He might not even fall to the 4th though.

Archived