Montravius Adams Injures Foot - Out Multiple Weeks

53 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Really hoping this isn't going to be a reoccurring thing.  Big guys and foot injuries never go well together.

Oh that sucks, I was just about to post he is the sixth guy on the depth chart if Giuon isn't suspended. I hope this is not a recurring thing but I was hoping he would be a good interior rotational pressure guy.

Yeah, its a bummer. But on the positive side....he might have been slightly advanced compared to his peers:

"palmy50" wrote:

Adams: "Adams was another guy we were very high on in our room and in the fit. Five star kid out of high school and a born freak in every way. Sadly, it has also been what has kinda hurt him over the years as well. It's hard to live up and even harder to take those kids off the field at the college level. Everyone is talking about this kids motor but his pitch count was CRAZY high. Cut that in 1/4 at the next level and lets see what happens. Kid sure is a damn freak though."

"Very good with the hands also. Don't be shocked if Adams shows better than most do at position played his rookie year." I look for him to be one of those guys that's a much better pro than college player. That staff would pound the table HARD for him also. VERY TELLING. Pending what they ask him to do with the body Adams can play any of them. Another great value pick IMO. #56 on my big."

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Yeah, its a bummer. But on the positive side....he might have been slightly advanced compared to his peers:

"palmy50" wrote:

Adams: "Adams was another guy we were very high on in our room and in the fit. Five star kid out of high school and a born freak in every way. Sadly, it has also been what has kinda hurt him over the years as well. It's hard to live up and even harder to take those kids off the field at the college level. Everyone is talking about this kids motor but his pitch count was CRAZY high. Cut that in 1/4 at the next level and lets see what happens. Kid sure is a damn freak though."

"Very good with the hands also. Don't be shocked if Adams shows better than most do at position played his rookie year." I look for him to be one of those guys that's a much better pro than college player. That staff would pound the table HARD for him also. VERY TELLING. Pending what they ask him to do with the body Adams can play any of them. Another great value pick IMO. #56 on my big."

wow, that's quite an endorsement. makes me feel even worse now that he's missing valuable reps in practice. get well soon big fella 

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

"palmy50" wrote:

Did Palmy come over yet?

The biggest endorsement Adams had before the injury was from the veterans on the offensive line. They were all really impressed with how quick and strong he was at the POA already. He was on track to get meaningful snaps behind Clark early IMO. That is definitely going to be put on hold for awhile unfortunately. They should not mess around with that injury with that body for 6 weeks IMO.

He received quite an endorsement from RJF:

“His pass-rush moves are ridiculous,” veteran defensive lineman Ricky Jean Francois said. “I thought it would take him a while to adjust to the NFL and have to change from college moves to NFL moves, but I think he already adjusted.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2017/07/31/foot-injury-sideline-packers-dl-montravius-adams-weeks/524761001/

Came to post what AG did about rookies missing reps. I swear that hurts more than people usually realize, and I mean not just rookie year here.

I remember that palmy post now. Makes me feel a bit better.

2 hours ago, NormSizedMidget said:

Came to post what AG did about rookies missing reps. I swear that hurts more than people usually realize, and I mean not just rookie year here.

I'm one of the dumbasses that struggled to understand that. When Perry would get dinged, I always figured: Well, he'll just get the reps/practice a few months later.... what's all the fuss about ? I've come to have a little better understanding of how deleterious it is by reading this board

Surgical Treatment for Stress Fractures of the foot

Some stress fractures require surgery to heal properly. In most cases, this involves supporting the bones by inserting a type of fastener. This is called internal fixation. Pins, screws, and/or plates are most often used to hold the small bones of the foot and ankle together during the healing process. 

A00379F03T.jpg

It just feels like those young guys that miss TC and their first year etc seem to struggle. I would say it all has to go to coaching focus? You're not on rookie TC anymore, you don't get rookie attention?

AG will have a way better answer than me. That's just my observation over the years now.