Should The NFL Increase The Size Of Gameday Rosters?

the lone star

Should The NFL Increase The Gameday Roster Size?

The way I'm looking at it, if you can suit up more than 46 you can have more super subs and guys can stay fresher. That would mean a better product for fans and NFL teams can be rewarded for finding talent, developing players, and sporting a deep roster.

NFL rosters probably should be around 60 with you allowed to have around 53 active on game-day, More players on rosters=more getting paid so win win for everyone.

11 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I agree.

Increase it by 1.

If that doesn't ruin the game, maybe another increase the following year.

But this is the exact rate at which the NFL changes things so I expect rosters will be allowed to have 54 in about 10 years.

Just now, the lone star said:
59 minutes ago, MathMan said:

I agree.

Increase it by 1.

If that doesn't ruin the game, maybe another increase the following year.

I can get down with that. Not as quick as I would want it, but I wouldn't vote against it.

imagine the **** that votes against 1 extra guy.

41 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

NFL rosters probably should be around 60 with you allowed to have around 53 active on game-day, More players on rosters=more getting paid so win win for everyone.

But this is the exact rate at which the NFL changes things so I expect rosters will be allowed to have 54 in about 10 years.

Well technically sure more players get paid, but it'll come from the salaries of those who would typically make the 53 man roster.  

2 minutes ago, areksoo said:
51 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Well technically sure more players get paid, but it'll come from the salaries of those who would typically make the 53 man roster.  

OR would it come from the owners?

Only 1 (or maybe 2) way to find out

4 minutes ago, areksoo said:

We're talking bottom of the barrel type guys making the roster, the practice squad people/guys coaches feel comfortable cutting and don't cost more than a little above the minimum. 

I really doubt it makes that much of a dent in the salaries of other players in the grand scheme of things. 

Archived