2018 NFL Draft Combine

Rockice_8

17 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed but I dont think wed have to. I dont understand how anyone can watch Rosen and Darnold and come away thinking Darnold is better. That kid is the most overrated prospect this year. 

Oddly enough he screams "safe"

Allen has accuracy issues and gets Gabbert like comparisons, Mayfield is short and has Manziel comparisons for some reason, Rosen is outspoken and has Cutler comparisons, Jackson has the you know what stigma attached to him while also being pretty raw. 

Darnold has a funky throwing motion and turnover problems so its not the "issues" the other prospects present. He's probably got the lowest ceiling of them all.

21 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed but I dont think wed have to. I dont understand how anyone can watch Rosen and Darnold and come away thinking Darnold is better. That kid is the most overrated prospect this year. 

lol I'm one of those people that likes Rosen more, but would be happy with either. I've watched every Rosen game at UCLA. 

I want us to trade up to #2 or #3. I like Baker & Jackson as well, but I don't think the Jets will consider Jackson because of the development time he MIGHT take. Baker is very possible, but I won't put him over Rosen or Darnold. I see a good opportunity for Macc to finally come away with a QB we develop the right way or take a shot at someone like Mccarron or Bridgewater. I just don't want to be watching this team pass week 5 and seeing McCown starting. 

1 hour ago, rickyt31 said:

lol I'm one of those people that likes Rosen more, but would be happy with either. I've watched every Rosen game at UCLA. 

I want us to trade up to #2 or #3. I like Baker & Jackson as well, but I don't think the Jets will consider Jackson because of the development time he MIGHT take. Baker is very possible, but I won't put him over Rosen or Darnold. I see a good opportunity for Macc to finally come away with a QB we develop the right way or take a shot at someone like Mccarron or Bridgewater. I just don't want to be watching this team pass week 5 and seeing McCown starting. 

If Josh McCown takes a single snap for this team in 2018 its a sign of pure incompetence of our front office. 

31 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If Josh McCown takes a single snap for this team in 2018 its a sign of pure incompetence of our front office. 

I am amazed I am not agreeing with you instantly, but if we have a rookie and we feel he needs a few more weeks to get ready I can deal with him started a few games.  Let me be clear... I wouldn't be happy about it, but I could be persuaded to understand it, especially if the rookie came in after those weeks and played well.

25 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I might have to agree, especially with so many options out there. 

Broncos cleared space with that Talib trade for Cousins. 

21 minutes ago, rampantjet said:

I am amazed I am not agreeing with you instantly, but if we have a rookie and we feel he needs a few more weeks to get ready I can deal with him started a few games.  Let me be clear... I wouldn't be happy about it, but I could be persuaded to understand it, especially if the rookie came in after those weeks and played well.

I say this because the Jets value McCown as a mentor...terrific. Why not still try and sign a younger option AND draft a guy. McCown playing for us doesnt do anything for anyone but him at age 39. To give that guy big money as an insurance policy shows a lack of competence in reading the QB market and completely overvaluing him. It is time to cut Hack and Petty and restock the pen with young talent arms and McCown can be the vet presence but nothing more, and for no more than the vet min. 

Archived