2018 NFL Draft Combine

Rockice_8

As much as I’m not pro Mayfield... hand size is generally overrated. I’m more inyereeed to see how he throws with a larger football in the NFL. That’s when it matters. I just think a lot have compared him that he might be successful at his size and used Brees and Wilson as examples bc of height... but their hands were both a full inch bigger. We will see. I’d still take him before Allen. 

28 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

As much as I’m not pro Mayfield... hand size is generally overrated. I’m more inyereeed to see how he throws with a larger football in the NFL. That’s when it matters. I just think a lot have compared him that he might be successful at his size and used Brees and Wilson as examples bc of height... but their hands were both a full inch bigger. We will see. I’d still take him before Allen. 

Football Sizes

Same size ball

We've seen QB's perform well with 9 1/4 inch hands, does being shorter with that size hand make it worse?

1 hour ago, barnaby8787 said:

Same hand size as Jimmy G, Bridgewater, Rivers.  Bigger hands than Goff, Derek Carr, Tannehill.

Jimmy G- West Coast

Teddy- Dome

Rivers- West Coast

Goff- West Coast

Carr- West Coast

Tannehill- Miami, he sucks tho

When that ball gets cold and wet those hands matter, ask Brady(deflate gate)

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I am liking ya it appears we are going after offense. We were very active with WRs at the senior bowl and look to be hit on RBs already at the combine. And we all knew we’d be all over QBs as well.

Yup. Aside from corner, I wouldn't mind if all our draft picks and free agent pickups are on the offensive side. There are only a few edge guys in free agency, and not much in the draft. So, I don't expect to get good value at edge.

31 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree that hand size is overrated somewhat, just where we play primarily it matters a little more versus guys who play in better weather. But we've seen guys with huge hands suck here too so it's almost a wash.

15 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

Football Sizes

Same size ball

We've seen QB's perform well with 9 1/4 inch hands, does being shorter with that size hand make it worse?

I don't know if it is big deal or not but NFL ball is of 100 percent leather while NCAA ball is made of either leather or composite.  If it is leather vs leather, they are about the same.  Composite materialized ball could be different in size.

18 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Jimmy G- West Coast

Teddy- Dome

Rivers- West Coast

Goff- West Coast

Carr- West Coast

Tannehill- Miami, he sucks tho

When that ball gets cold and wet those hands matter, ask Brady(deflate gate)

The ironic part is that Brady's hands are only an eighth of an inch bigger. 

Archived