Tyler Eifert

Jason_Bengal_Fl

All depends on the contract he's going to take, but I'd have no issue with him in GB. 1-2 year deal, incentive laden with low guarantees. Maybe a 3-4m APY deal that can get up to 6-7m with incentives.

His injury history can't be overlooked though. I would not commit a long term deal with decent guaranteed money to him.

Tyler Eifert was my favorite TE prospect I ever scouted. Absolutely loved him coming out of ND.

I would have no problem giving him a pretty solid deal for a TE. He's got a ton of injuries now, but I don't think the surgical procedures will have done irreparable damage to his athleticism. He might have an early retirement, but when he's on the field, I don't expect him to have lost a step physically.

Cincinnati is really going to let him walk? I can't imagine Cinci fans would be all too happy with that considering he's still a relatively young guy with elite receiving skills for a TE. Injuries suck, but I think his talent outweighs the risk.

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Tyler Eifert was my favorite TE prospect I ever scouted. Absolutely loved him coming out of ND.

I would have no problem giving him a pretty solid deal for a TE. He's got a ton of injuries now, but I don't think the surgical procedures will have done irreparable damage to his athleticism. He might have an early retirement, but when he's on the field, I don't expect him to have lost a step physically.

Cincinnati is really going to let him walk? I can't imagine Cinci fans would be all too happy with that considering he's still a relatively young guy with elite receiving skills for a TE. Injuries suck, but I think his talent outweighs the risk.

My guess is they would like to sign him to a 1 year “prove it” deal. I would sign him to a low base with games played incentives, but that’s not really the Bengals style. I’m trying to get a feel for how much competition there might be for him. 

2 hours ago, Jason_Bengal_Fl said:

My guess is they would like to sign him to a 1 year “prove it” deal. I would sign him to a low base with games played incentives, but that’s not really the Bengals style. I’m trying to get a feel for how much competition there might be for him. 

Not their style?  have you seen the contract they signed Burfict to?  Different circumstances, but it's how I would structure his deal.  Escalators that become guaranteed based on games played.  Start around $4 mill base with $250k bonus for games played.  If he plays in 12 or more, the following year's salary becomes $6-8 mill plus the same game bonuses for games played over 8.

It’s a matter of Eifert wanting to return to Cincinnati as well. With as much misfortune he’s had health wise as well as the uncertainty surrounding how Dalton will play I could see him wanting a fresh start somewhere else with a more consistent QB to increase his value even on a prove it deal. 

For the Falcons for sure and easily would do it.  We already pay Levine Toilolo 5 mil this year but we can cut him for pretty much all of it.  So you are telling me i can upgrade Toilolo to Eifert for another 2 or so million a year at 7 mil and still have Hooper as my #2 TE to backup Eifert.   You dang right i would take that chance on Eifert staying healthy and if he doesn't we already have a top tier blocking TE and a top 15 receiving TE in Hooper as his backup probably.

57 minutes ago, FalconFan13 said:

For the Falcons for sure and easily would do it.  We already pay Levine Toilolo 5 mil this year but we can cut him for pretty much all of it.  So you are telling me i can upgrade Toilolo to Eifert for another 2 or so million a year at 7 mil and still have Hooper as my #2 TE to backup Eifert.   You dang right i would take that chance on Eifert staying healthy and if he doesn't we already have a top tier blocking TE and a top 15 receiving TE in Hooper as his backup probably.

How in God’s name did they get on the hook for $5M to Toilolo?

Archived