The Official Combine, AKA "Underwear Olympics" Thread

MWil23

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’d honestly prefer him to throw. But he literally has nothing to gain. 

This.

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If I were half of these guys, I wouldn't do jack _________ at the combine. Half of them only have something to lose. If you want to draft me/see me, come to MY pro day, where I'm throwing to MY WR, off of a script, on MY TERMS, so that MY timing is down and that MY draft stock and MY paycheck aren't negatively impacted.

JMHO

And this.

52 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

The problem is when every other QB is throwing at the Combine and doing it on the NFLs terms, and you're the one guy who's not... it isn't the best look.

Yeah, but it won't impact him negatively at all/his draft stock. Andrew Luck and RGIII neither threw at the combine. Neither did Blaine Gabbert, Johnny Manziel...the list goes on. All of those guys were first rounders/high first rounders. There's a definite precedent.

Minkah Fitzpatrick has a lot to prove to me. He is worryingly similar in some ways to Peppers.

#1 player in high school. Not a letdown in college but more a jack of all trades type guy than an absolute prototype at one position.

Is he an elite boundary corner? Is he an elite ballhawking, centrefield FS?

I don't see a lot of that. I see a lot extra blitzer off the edge, nickel guy that hovers inside as an extra man against the run etc. 

Mathieu, Joyner, Peppers... these guys don't go Top 5.

Someone tell me where Fitzpatrick is different to them? I don't doubt he might well be a version of them on steroids. But I personally want him to be elite at a more prototypical style of outside corner or centrefield free safety.

Is he?

Archived