Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

Post your rumors and general draft related chatter here. 

Eric Galko on the Draft Rap podcast stated that a scout that met with all the prospects has said that teams are less than enamoured with Lamar Jackson not appointing an agent to date. That seems to be causing a few concerns internally. Also said Isaac Yiadom is a big name to watch out for the CB class between now and the draft. 

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Eric Galko on the Draft Rap podcast stated that a scout that met with all the prospects has said that teams are less than enamoured with Lamar Jackson not appointing an agent to date. That seems to be causing a few concerns internally. Also said Isaac Yiadom is a big name to watch out for the CB class between now and the draft. 

That's a weird reason to not like a player. He didn't attach himself to some scumbag agent? Damn him!

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Yiadom is going to have a Byron Jones-style rise if his combine goes well. I think I wrote something about it in the Hot Takes thread.

7 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

That's a weird reason to not like a player. He didn't attach himself to some scumbag agent? Damn him!

It’s pretty unusual, the majority of team meetings and interviews flow through agents. Right now, teams have to deal with Lamar and his mother.

6 hours ago, Rich7sena said:
17 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

You also have to consider how family over-involvement tends to be a bad thing for both player and team.

If only we had some sort of lesson to go off of, like a recent player being taken in the top 10 to a franchise in a major city who seemed to be greatly influenced by his parent(s). That would probably serve as a warning flag for other franchises.

Now imagine that the player is at the quarterback position. I can understand franchises seeing that as potential for concern down the road.

21 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

If only we had some sort of lesson to go off of, like a recent player being taken in the top 10 to a franchise in a major city who seemed to be greatly influenced by his parent(s). That would probably serve as a warning flag for other franchises.

Now imagine that the player is at the quarterback position. I can understand franchises seeing that as potential for concern down the road.

Ah yes, I believe you can look that one up if we're on the same page here,

Apple, Eli

Also I agree with where you're headed with that post, I can see why it may be a little concerning for teams 

18 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

Rumor has it JT Barrett is in the running for the Browns #1 pick. They are higher on him than most and feel that he could end up being the best QB of the group. Love his leadership.

Interesting, very Browns-esque

Link??

24 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

You don't have to: Robert Griffin III.

Archived