Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting. I thought with the signing of Marpet, you'd bypass Nelson. not sure he's there, but good to know he's not making it to the niners lol

I'm guessing you mean Jensen. ?

We've got a big hole at guard right now. Sweezy sucks and he's struggled to stay healthy since we signed him. I think the only reason he's still on the roster is because he's currently hurt and we don't wanna pay an injury settlement.

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I'm guessing you mean Jensen. ?

We've got a big hole at guard right now. Sweezy sucks and he's struggled to stay healthy since we signed him. I think the only reason he's still on the roster is because he's currently hurt and we don't wanna pay an injury settlement.

Yes, signing Jensen, moving Marpet to guard lol. Oops

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Lombardi reporting the Browns want to move down from 4 for Denzel Ward. How far can they possibly go down and still get him? 8ish.

Small market of teams for that move down.

7 is probably the latest you can safely assume Ward will be available.  Denver might be willing to move up one slot to get Darnold, but they're not moving up for anyone other than he or Chubb IMO.  Indianapolis is more likely to go down than up.  Tampa Bay seems content staying there.

2 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

7 is probably the latest you can safely assume Ward will be available.  Denver might be willing to move up one slot to get Darnold, but they're not moving up for anyone other than he or Chubb IMO.  Indianapolis is more likely to go down than up.  Tampa Bay seems content staying there.

That's the problem IMO.  If really wants Ward, they're going to have to pop him at 1.4, or do the DEN trade with 1.5.  IND would jump for joy and take Chubb 1.6, but CHI is very clearly in the mix for Ward if Nelson doesn't fall to them.     No team in the 7-9 range really wants to move up, they want to move back or stand pat.   

Now, maybe BUF could engineer another move up to the 7-9 range, then it gets really interesting...again. 

Bill Polian just said about Baker Mayfield "he's not Russell Wilson athletically, so therefore, he has to be Drew Brees.  If he cannot be Drew Brees, in every respect, he's probably not gonna be a big success in the National Football League."

Someone please get this guy off TV.

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Bill Polian just said about Baker Mayfield "he's not Russell Wilson athletically, so therefore, he has to be Drew Brees.  If he cannot be Drew Brees, in every respect, he's probably not gonna be a big success in the National Football League."

Keep listening. Apparently you learn things. 

1 minute ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Every time Polian says something these days, this is all I can think of:

Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-

1 hour ago, The LBC said:

Not that Reggie's exactly been great himself, outside of about 5-7 picks in his tenure, but my issue with believing the "just take the best defender" strategy will be carried through on is I just plain don't believe that Gruden - assuming he has the majority of the stroke... and I do believe that because I believe Mark has probably made that clear to McKenzie - isn't going to be selfish and want to have his first pick back be someone who will help feed his own ego/side of the ball (offense).

I agree the "best defender" is the approach that should be taken.  I just don't have a ton of faith in Gruden to do that and don't have a ton of faith that he hasn't been empowered as the ultimate decider.

There are some camps out there who are buying an offensive heavy draft under Gruden citing recent FA signing and being defensive heavy in recent drafts. Gruden wants more out of the recent draft picks. Should get it with a better staff hopefully.

So yeah.... Gruden could certainly go offense and build up that side of the ball.

Archived