Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

23 minutes ago, Forge said:

Peter Schraeger apparently said tthat the 49ers are receiving offers at 9 to move back. no idea the validity of this - second hand tweet in the 49er forum 

During his press conference yesterday, Saints GM Mickey Loomis says that the Saints have spoke to every team above them and about 15 teams behind them. Not all talks are serious...just teams trying to get a feel for draft slot value and teams willingness to move. So the above statement is not surprising at all...and in all likelihood every team has had received multiple talks regarding movement. 

21 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

What if they’re picking Mayfield AND Darnold?

It's like when you're simming a franchise on Madden 2006 (PS2, none of that PS3 crap) and the computer ran franchises keep on losing and drafting QBs in the top 5.

I've seen a Detroit franchise pick Omar Jacobs in the top 5 of 2006, Chris Leak in the top 5 of 2007, Kevin Kolb in the top 15 of 2008, Matt Ryan in the 20s 2009 draft...all while targeting the top QBs in free agency. 

Yeah, back then...EA had some really janky QB rankings in NCAA 2006.

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

Then we thank the football gods for the Cleveland Browns and offer prayers in their name for the gift that keeps on giving. 

I mean, would taking two QBs be the dumbest thing? Not like they couldn't flip the one who "loses the competition" for another pick in a year or two or three.

4 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

He was let go by ESPN last year.

That sucks..

1 minute ago, PFM18 said:

Rapoport just reporting that he doesn't think the Josh Allen tweets from High School that surfaced this morning will affect his draft stock. 

GM's he talked to apparently not majorly worried.

They shouldn't be. You shouldn't judge a person by the things they said joking around as a teenager. You'd have a very short list on your draft board if that was a major concern.

3 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

I mean, would taking two QBs be the dumbest thing? Not like they couldn't flip the one who "loses the competition" for another pick in a year or two or three.

That sucks..

The problem is the return for the loser of the competition won’t get the same return as trading 1.4 now.   And that’s before you factor waiting and lost years.  

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

There is a rumor...and I stress rumor (and not a big one in terms of legs)...that they could be shopping him because they can't agree on terms of a contract. Supposedly they have a number that they won't come off, and he wants more. 

I mean, if it gets Mack to sign a damn extension sooner than later - because his agent and Aaron Donald's agent are playing a game of chicken right now and him signing would mean Donald's agent finally has a hard figure to bring to the Rams and say, "Better that and we're home."  Then hey, I'm all for it.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The problem is the return for the loser of the competition won’t get the same return as trading 1.4 now.   And that’s before you factor waiting and lost years.  

I get that. But even if 1.04 becomes let's say a 2nd or 3rd round pick in 2020, it'd be worth getting a franchise QB. It's essentially doubling down on the risk, though, for a home run swing.

Hilarious to watch all these so-called insiders flip-flopping between Mayfield, Darnold and Allen the past few days. “Its definitely Darnold” “Oh wait Im hearing its Allen now” “Screw everything I told you last night, its Mayfield Im 74.6% sure”

1 minute ago, Emerica said:

Hilarious to watch all these so-called insiders flip-flopping between Mayfield, Darnold and Allen the past few days. “Its definitely Darnold” “Oh wait Im hearing its Allen now” “Screw everything I told you last night, its Mayfield Im 74.6% sure”

Let's start the Lamar Jackson train! Choo choo!!!

1 minute ago, NS922 said:

They shouldn't be. You shouldn't judge a person by the things they said joking around as a teenager. You'd have a very short list on your draft board if that was a major concern.

Who actually takes the time to seek out tweets from years ago and try to affect someone's prospective career anyway?

Must be pretty bitter or think they're funny. 

Archived