Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

12 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Jags gonna trade up so they can keep running the ball with Fournette and Barkley.

That’d be Bo Jackson and Marcus Allen all over again. I’d hope Techmo Super Bowl would come out just to see fools bouncing off of that craziness. 

On 3/4/2018 at 8:23 PM, jrry32 said:

You won't be winning the Super Bowl. I don't want a team of choir boys, but you need the right culture. If you have 53 problem children on your team, you're not going to have that. You need leaders in the locker-room who will hold guys accountable. You need choir boys to keep the peace. And you need some a-holes to bring edge to the team. It's all about finding the right balance. But when you don't have that balance, you're going to have a toxic locker-room with guys slacking off on the field. I know because it happened to the Rams in 2016.

Heck thats why KC moved on from Peters. They took too many swings on "problem" players in the draft to get talent and it was getting out of hand. The 2017 Rams apparently had a fantastic locker room so they can handle one problem player. There's a saying in basketball that you can have one knucklehead but not more, because then they start hanging out/forming clicks/emboldening each other. Same thing in football, as you said.

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo.

Not saying they will but pick 21, 22, 53 and 55 gets Buffalo within 300 points of the value of pick 2. 

I'd be half tempted to give up #1 for 21/22/53/55. That's a lot of premium draft capital. Too bad we desperately need the top QB in this draft. Maybe you guys can take #4 for 21/22/55.

16 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I'd be half tempted to give up #1 for 21/22/53/55. That's a lot of premium draft capital. Too bad we desperately need the top QB in this draft. Maybe you guys can take #4 for 21/22/55.

I’d be all for that. Best case scenario for the Bils is one of the top four QB’s falls out of the top ten and we trade up to there. Unlikely, but would be great.

23 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo.

Not saying they will but pick 21, 22, 53 and 55 gets Buffalo within 300 points of the value of pick 2. 

Good lord, don’t build up that capital to blow it all on one pick. Buffalo could get four excellent players at those spots and there’s holes on the roster to fill. At the least, I’m waiting to see if any of the big names slide before making the move. Chiefs moved up 17 spots last year for what feels like much less.

6 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Good lord, don’t build up that capital to blow it all on one pick. Buffalo could get four excellent players at those spots and there’s holes on the roster to fill. At the least, I’m waiting to see if any of the big names slide before making the move. Chiefs moved up 17 spots last year for what feels like much less.

Who's going to throw passes for Buffalo? Besides, they have a pretty good roster overall. They just need the QB.

On 3/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, DreamKid said:

I think they will, like the Bears did last year. Rosen to Denver is near lock imo.

Considering the state of Luck's health, I would put a stopper on Rosen being there at #4, even if they do not want Rosen, they will trade the pick to a team that wants him just as bad. Ditto for the Giants. 

At #4, you are looking at either Mayfield or Allen unless they trade up past Cleveland at #4!!!

On 3/4/2018 at 12:37 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I could see a team offering a nice package of picks to jump ahead of you guys. Not sure I’d give up that leverage for a 32 year old corner and a 4th rounder.

Guess it depends on the level of interest and who offers what.

It will come close to what the Bears paid for Trubisky and it may well be for a higher pick than #$, #'s 2 and 3 could also be in play and cost even more.

27 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

A.) Best case scenario is one of the top 4 fall out of the top ten and we can make a trade to that spot.

B.) We found our guy, go get him in the top 5. How else could we possibly get out of QB purgatory? This is our chance. This is why we built up the draft capital. I’d easily take a franchise QB over 4 really good players.

On 3/5/2018 at 1:44 PM, goldfishwars said:

I honestly think the Giants are more interested in selling the pick at 2 than taking a QB. 

I agree, they are in the best position to reap a huge haul for the #2 overall pick, ditto for the Colts!!! That's what happens when QB's are in play!

On 3/5/2018 at 1:48 PM, BleedTheClock said:

They're not in a good position to sell the pick IMO. The two teams people expect to move up (Den/NYJ) aren't going to lose out on QB's if they don't trade up. And if the Jets wanted to leapfrog Denver, they could just do so at pick 3 or 4 for significantly less. Especially the Colts, who would be thrilled to move back to the 5/6 slot IMO.

I don't see the #2 pick having a lot of interest for what it'll likely cost. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think the Giants stay put and take Josh Rosen.

Reality says different, when you have so many team QB desperate and a decent crop available, moving up to #2 is your best option, just look at Chicago last year. No QB team will wait to see what happens at #2 and lose the guy they really want just to save a pick or 2. 

If the Giants do not want a QB, they will be the first team traded with, followed similarly by the Colts, but only if the Colts are 100% sure that Luck will return in 2018, if not, they may do a Bear's trade up to #2! 

In Either case, Rosen, if he's the guy they want, he will not last past the #2 pick and the price will be paid!

On 3/5/2018 at 2:19 PM, BleedTheClock said:

As a Browns fan, I'm hoping that these QB's begin to separate, but all I've seen is a closing gap. Darnold and Rosen were once firmly 1 & 2, but Allen and Mayfield have quickly closed that gap. All four are so different too. And then Lamar Jackson is in the tier right behind them, but the off-season hasn't made me sour on him at all.

Usually as the process moves along I drop grades on people. This year seems like the opposite. My thought that this class was bleh seems to look more and more like a bad take as I watch more film and hear more from the draft community.

They have only closed the gap in fan's minds, QB are well scouted all year, by almost every team and by now have a firm pecking order in place which I doubt will change a whole lot between now and the draft, no matter what people may think. The only wildcard in the QB race, is how much Allen has improved after 2 months of being trained by a pro QB coach leading up to his Combine or pro day. If he has made significant progress, enough to challenge for the #1 or #2 spot, then trading gets murky, but if he is the same old Allen, it will remain a Darnold/Rosen draft at #1 and #2 overall, just the #2 team isn't yet know!!!

I also had a bleh class mark for this draft, but now perhaps, it has at least moved into the average range with a decent round 2 looming.

Archived