Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

that is the easiest pick to predict once Dez got released. Thought they were going to take him in round 1.   I hope they don't go TE.  I want the good TE's to fall.

He also reported the Jets were selecting Rosen over Darnold, so I wouldn't be so sure. 

28 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Any ideas on the compensation? Teams I need more I heard denver was that to drive Chubb down?

Nope. She said the Giants weren't trading, period, and never really considered it an option. As someone else had noted, Gettleman said he wasn't enamored with the offers he was receiving leading up to the draft, but from what I understand there was no way he was trading. It was established a long time ago that he wouldn't. If anything, it was the pro-Darnold people in the building who wanted to drive up the market and hope that he'd reconsider if an offer reached his desk that was too good to pass up. A lot of those guys won't be around in the next few weeks anyway. 

12 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Lol - who would do that?

Eh, if someone is looking for a camp arm with a little experience I could understand trading a 7th. He'd be better than most of the QBs I anticipate being available at that point. And with the Jets not exactly being known for developing QBs as of late, maybe someone thinks Petty can get it together. He's only 26, so the right coach in the right system could take a flier and possibly come out with a solid backup. 

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

That's fair.  I thought I saw somewhere that Marvin Lewis has kept in touch with him throughout the years...

If it happens, it better work better than the last time we spent a second rounder based off of relationships with the HC  (cough **Jerome*cough*Sipmson**cough)

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Upside being the big word. We didn't draft him for the player he is now, moreso for the Tackle he can be in a couple years time. He is going to have one hell of a group to learn from in Hudson, Osemele, Jackson, Penn and of course the GOAT Cable.

Well with Ose, Jackson and Hudson we would only need the tackles to be decent to have a good oline. Hey just trying to be positive ?

@RaidersAreOne Cable the GOAT? LOL 

Seattle's OL has been an absolute mess for years. Raiders OL was the biggest regression last season, they were a top 5 unit in pass protection and run blocking the year before. 

I heard insinuations that the Raiders OL purposefully stopped blocking for Carr. The rumor goes before the SNF game against the redskins, when the kneeling controversy was going down, that Carr tried to get everyone to stand for the national anthem, and that it rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. I mean their OL was thoroughly dominated that night and they were never the same team after that. Redskins stole their MOJO I guess. 

I don't mean to spread rumors, but this is the RUMOR thread, so there it is.. just something I had heard. IF that is the case, you know that Gruden wont stand for anything like that (pun intended). 

Archived