Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

Just now, N4L said:

@RaidersAreOne Cable the GOAT? LOL 

Seattle's OL has been an absolute mess for years. Raiders OL was the biggest regression last season, they were a top 5 unit in pass protection and run blocking the year before. 

I heard insinuations that the Raiders OL purposefully stopped blocking for Carr. The rumor goes before the SNF game against the redskins, when the kneeling controversy was going down, that Carr tried to get everyone to stand for the national anthem, and that it rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. I mean their OL was thoroughly dominated that night and they were never the same team after that. Redskins stole their MOJO I guess. 

I don't mean to spread rumors, but this is the RUMOR thread, so there it is.. just something I had heard. IF that is the case, you know that Gruden wont stand for anything like that (pun intended). 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, N4L said:

@RaidersAreOne Cable the GOAT? LOL 

Seattle's OL has been an absolute mess for years. Raiders OL was the biggest regression last season, they were a top 5 unit in pass protection and run blocking the year before. 

I heard insinuations that the Raiders OL purposefully stopped blocking for Carr. The rumor goes before the SNF game against the redskins, when the kneeling controversy was going down, that Carr tried to get everyone to stand for the national anthem, and that it rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way. I mean their OL was thoroughly dominated that night and they were never the same team after that. Redskins stole their MOJO I guess. 

I don't mean to spread rumors, but this is the RUMOR thread, so there it is.. just something I had heard. IF that is the case, you know that Gruden wont stand for anything like that (pun intended). 

I think he was being facetious about Cable being GOAT. 

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah all that Rd1 buzz got teams to go early on the top 4 QB (not for Lamar).    Why not see if it will work for Rudolph?  One more guy they can get to fall to them if someone reaches for Rudolph ahead of them.    

Exactly.

There is some weird belief that the Chargers are desperate for a QBOTF. Yes, they will eventually have to think about life after Rivers, but I am not sure this year is the year to do it.  They should stay where they are and draft the highest DT or LB left on the board. 

5 minutes ago, game3525 said:

Exactly.

There is some weird belief that the Chargers are desperate for a QBOTF. Yes, they will eventually have to think about life after Rivers, but I am not sure this year is the year to do it.  They should stay where they are and draft the highest DT or LB left on the board. 

This isn’t the year to go early for QBOTF.  Not when you are that close to getting to the top of the AFC.   

Plus barring injury they don’t have a QB issue like the G-men or Ravens do.   Unlike Flacco and Eli Rivers is playing well.   No signs of decline.   That means it’s likely he has 2-3 peak years left.

And let’s face it Rivers is never retiring while he’s still effective.  He’s got like 18 mouths to feed.   

3 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Seahawks GM is trying to make the Penny pick look good by saying teams tried to trade for him after Seattle took him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929299/article/seahawks-gm-a-team-tried-to-trade-for-rashaad-penny

Anyone think this is true?

Possible. I mean, I probably would have offered the 49ers third round pick

36 minutes ago, Duluther said:

Seahawks GM is trying to make the Penny pick look good by saying teams tried to trade for him after Seattle took him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000929299/article/seahawks-gm-a-team-tried-to-trade-for-rashaad-penny

Anyone think this is true?

Edit: I should clarify that it was one team, not multiple.

I believe it.  

Problem is that it was a CFL team calling. 

(I love Penny so not a knock on the player just the take)

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

NFLN just said Guice is falling due to off field character stuff.  Anybody have any idea what that is.

Well, he flat out lied about the questions he was asked in combine interviews, making the NFL and gms look bad in the process. He bailed on the green room today, and while I dn't have an issue with that, it can come off as petty I'm sure to some. I feel like he probably could have handled this entire process better from a personal standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

NFLN just said Guice is falling due to off field character stuff.  Anybody have any idea what that is.

He's a young black man from a bad area where his father was murdered and brother had has legal issues. People are projecting on him. You won't find one bad word told about him from anyone around him. No legal issues, no drug/alcohol issues. People that know him claim he's got a great head on his shoulders. He did tell on a team asking him inappropriate questions at the combine. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, he flat out lied about the questions he was asked in combine interviews, making the NFL and gms look bad in the process. He bailed on the green room today, and while I dn't have an issue with that, it can come off as petty I'm sure to some. I feel like he probably could have handled this entire process better from a personal standpoint. 

I cant imagine it has anything to do with him talking about the questions he was asked.  Mayock said they arent going to go into it, which makes me think its something pretty serious but the story hasnt been vetted yet

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah he gives me those drama queen vibes. I don't know him personally tho.

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

He's a young black man from a bad area where his father was murdered and brother had has legal issues. People are projecting on him. You won't find one bad word told about him from anyone around him. No legal issues, no drug/alcohol issues. People that know him claim he's got a great head on his shoulders. He did tell on a team asking him inappropriate questions at the combine. 

Yeah im not buying the young black man stuff bc there are a lot of young black men from bad areas who didnt fall.  I think that it could be something really serious that we dont know about yet.  I hope not, bc i really like the kid.

Archived