Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

Whether Guice’s issye is legit or not the problem is his position is the most disposable around.  

If he’s a top 3 overall QB he falls outside the top 10.   If he’s an EDGE or CB maybe he’s a Rd 1-2 guy.   A top 10 overall guy?  Late Rd1 / early Rd2 we’ve seen b4. 

But RB?    Man this could be an eye opening fall.  Chubb Jones Johnson Kelly and a few others could move up ahead of him.   Sooner or later someone will believe but Rd2 the alternative of waiting to Rd3 pretty attractive.   

If there’s a team who takes a Rd2 shot for value it’s a team with multiple picks in Rd2.   CLE / IND.  Or a team desperate for RB impact so far above the rest of their needs (WAS?).   

Not a good sign he decided to leave the Green Room.  

Just now, minutemancl said:

Schraeger says Landry is clean health-wise. If thats the case he shouldn't get past 33. 

People on this board were much higher on Landry than me. I had a second round grade on him to start with before the medicals (though I would have been okay taking him at the back end of the first because of the position). A lot of niners fans wanted him at 9 and I wanted no part of that. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

He and his family & friends went to a nearby restaurant to watch the draft together.

Yeah, I didnt have much of an issue with it, but Im sure they get fed at the draft and not many people get invited.  If he takes the invite he needs to be there when he is drafted(obviously he didnt so moot point).

1 minute ago, daineraider said:

Yeah, I didnt have much of an issue with it, but Im sure they get fed at the draft and not many people get invited.  If he takes the invite he needs to be there when he is drafted(obviously he didnt so moot point).

People are weird in what they  hold against people sometimes. I have no issues with him bouncing from the draft at all. Do I think it's possible that some of these other people (GMs and the like) may have a different opinion? Consider it petty or childish or something? Absolutely. To me, such a minor thing, like who cares. But on the heels of the lying about the questions, I wouldn't doubt for a second that a team holds it against him. 

13 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Whether Guice’s issye is legit or not the problem is his position is the most disposable around.  

If he’s a top 3 overall QB he falls outside the top 10.   If he’s an EDGE or CB maybe he’s a Rd 1-2 guy.   A top 10 overall guy?  Late Rd1 / early Rd2 we’ve seen b4. 

But RB?    Man this could be an eye opening fall.  Chubb Jones Johnson Kelly and a few others could move up ahead of him.   Sooner or later someone will believe but Rd2 the alternative of waiting to Rd3 pretty attractive.   

If there’s a team who takes a Rd2 shot for value it’s a team with multiple picks in Rd2.   CLE / IND.  Or a team desperate for RB impact so far above the rest of their needs (WAS?).   

Not a good sign he decided to leave the Green Room.  

Thats my reason for not really liking picking Barkley #2.  How much better is he than guys who will be taken today or tomorrow?  The value just isnt there for me. Id say im firmly in the "dont draft a rb in the 1st" camp now.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, he flat out lied about the questions he was asked in combine interviews, making the NFL and gms look bad in the process. He bailed on the green room today, and while I dn't have an issue with that, it can come off as petty I'm sure to some. I feel like he probably could have handled this entire process better from a personal standpoint. 

So he came up with a master plan of saying that someone asked if he was gay and his mom's a prostitute? More likely is that some jackwad did ask that and the NFL is trying to cover it up because it is real bad for business. One person we know is a liar with 100% certainty is Goodell.

2 minutes ago, lod01 said:

So he came up with a master plan of saying that someone asked if he was gay and his mom's a prostitute? More likely is that some jackwad did ask that and the NFL is trying to cover it up because it is real bad for business. One person we know is a liar with 100% certainty is Goodell.

Yeah we know both of those questions have been asked in the past, so honestly i believe he was probably asked those things to see how he would respond.

Just now, lod01 said:

There was a report that he gave multiple answers to the same question about what inappropriate questions which were asked in various interviews. Now, that in and of itself doesn't mean he was necessarily lying, but it's not a good look either. Optically, it's just bad. For all we know, he was asked all of these questions and just chose to give different examples each time. I don't know. And I don't know him personally. I do know that I've known enough who have randomly lied about stuff for no good reason to just completely dismiss the idea that he did lie about it. 

Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah we know both of those questions have been asked in the past, so honestly i believe he was probably asked those things to see how he would respond.

Exactly and the NFL is going to deny it to their grave. They also have the power, as we see with Kaepernick, to send Guice a message of 'drop it dude if you know what's good for you'. Don't think **** like that doesn't go on in the NFL.

Archived