Draft Rumors

goldfishwars

Bill Voth implied on his twitter that the Panthers really wanted Dallas Goedert and Tracy Walker tonight.

Goedert being mentioned by Olsen would have been awesome. Instead we get a consolation prize in the form of a 5'11 180 lb corner in a division where we gotta face Julio, Evans, and Thomas six times a season. Sigh.

10 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

Bill Voth implied on his twitter that the Panthers really wanted Dallas Goedert and Tracy Walker tonight.

Goedert being mentioned by Olsen would have been awesome. Instead we get a consolation prize in the form of a 5'11 180 lb corner in a division where we gotta face Julio, Evans, and Thomas six times a season. Sigh.

We got Bradberry cuz, we good.

So the first piece on why Guice fell (but apparently more to come).

I don't think this is enough to have caused the fall - but the reports of missed visits to teams during Draft season, the diva attitude, being caught making up stuff about the Combine Q's - it kinda all fits.   The key is probably the "damaging investigation" that Mayock referred to - hopefully we hear more.

The thing about the above, why I absolutely believe the Eagles - they knew that WAS loved Guice.   It was one of the worst-kept secrets around.   Spreading a false story to drop Guice's stock would only help a division rival - why I don't doubt for a second PHI's version of events, if that's the source.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

OK, this story just keeps turning lol...

Eagles met with him like 3 times after that though.  If it was really as serious of an altercation as PFT keeps trying to say it was, I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have just completely removed him from their board instead of wasting time and resources to continue meeting with him.

To me, this just seems like Albright/PFT trying to save face.

5 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Eagles met with him like 3 times after that though.  If it was really as serious of an altercation as PFT keeps trying to say it was, I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have just completely removed him from their board instead of wasting time and resources to continue meeting with him.

To me, this just seems like Albright/PFT trying to save face.

To be fair, the explanation that they arranged a 2nd meeting so they could get closure if the applicant requested it, makes sense.   This would happen in most corporations / institutions.   

Either way, though, who knows for sure - if we see fireworks on the field when WAS plays PHI, then we'll know lol. 

Archived