Some interesting, maybe less discussed prospects...

mwalker

33 minutes ago, Steeler Hitman said:

Thats pretty much what Im suggesting. He has ability as a corner but those abilities would probably be a better fit and utilized as a free safety. I don't see the same player as Sean Davis, other than they both played two positions. Sean Davis excelled more as a tackler and a strong safety type...Kelly is more natural in coverage and flowing freely and far more of a ballhawking/playmaking type of player. I currently have a late 3rd to mid 4th round grade on him, but have more work to do on him at least 2 more games.  

18 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Me and @Armsteeld2discussed Ostman a little. I see a guy that might not be able to get a lot of pressure but has a nice ability to stack and shed. I rarely saw him get pushed back and out of the play. I see him has a potential Chick replacement but that isn't really saying much. 

Sorry, I didn't remember seeing that.  I like him.  I think he is a better pure pass rusher than Chick.  He seems to use the speed or the power move. I like that he can effectively rush from both side, play with his hand down or up, and is a force in the run defense as well. I think he will develop more at the next level with NFL coaching.  He does a solid job holding his ground. The OT from BC got his hand on him early on some run plays and then Ostman stopped letting him get to his body and did a better job shutting him down with his push. I love how he adjusted. 

Guys like this typically do better at the next level because of their work ethic and dedication.  We need more players with the high motor on the field and less motor on social media and the news. I saw where he was rated between the 5th and 7th rounds. I think he is much better than that. I get he is raw doesn't have a lot of the pretty mechanics, but you can't coach and teach heart and effort. If they do not go edge early, I would love to see him in the fourth if he lasts that long. He reminds me in some ways of a cross between Kevin Greene and a smaller version of LaMarr Woodley in terms of styles.

Rashaan Gaulden DB Tennessee. I know Sutton is well liked on this board but Gaulden is everything Sutton is not. He's big, strong, physical, aggressive and fast. A ferocious hitter, he played all DB spots for the Vols and is very disruptive in the Slot. He may even be better at FS which he says is his favorite position. Sure I'm a biased Vols fan but I haven't heard a peep about this guy. Perhaps the Combine will change that. I personally don't think CB is a big need. Assuming we keep Haden, I'm fine with Haden/Burns/Hilton/Sutton/Allen. But if he lasts to the 4th they had better jump on him especially with his potential at FS.

Just now, Chieferific said:

Rashaan Gaulden DB Tennessee. I know Sutton is well liked on this board but Gaulden is everything Sutton is not. He's big, strong, physical, aggressive and fast. A ferocious hitter, he played all DB spots for the Vols and is very disruptive in the Slot. He may even be better at FS which he says is his favorite position. Sure I'm a biased Vols fan but I haven't heard a peep about this guy. Perhaps the Combine will change that. I personally don't think CB is a big need. Assuming we keep Haden, I'm fine with Haden/Burns/Hilton/Sutton/Allen. But if he lasts to the 4th they had better jump on him especially with his potential at FS.

I haven't been exclusive on him but I know some guys like him.  Maybe I can look at him tonight.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Armsteeld2 said:

I haven't been exclusive on him but I know some guys like him.  Maybe I can look at him tonight.

Where's my eval slacker? He did not have an impressive Combine at all. It was a real head scratcher for me. To me, his tape shows a terrific athlete who is quick, fast, and strong. His 8 reps, 4.61 40, 30" Vert, 9'11" BJ and +7.0 3 Cone seem to dispute that. In the end you take field play in the SEC over the Short & T-shirt drills but I really thought he'd test better. 

I agree. I'd love to see us get a FS and SS (or draft one and sign one in FA).

I'd also like to see us double dip at LB, outside and inside.

I like S.Davis, and haven't given up on him at all, but I'd love to see a real, open competition at S.

I feel like we've been 'getting by' on lesser talent there for years.

6 minutes ago, mwalker said:

I agree. I'd love to see us get a FS and SS (or draft one and sign one in FA).

I'd also like to see us double dip at LB, outside and inside.

I like S.Davis, and haven't given up on him at all, but I'd love to see a real, open competition at S.

I feel like we've been 'getting by' on lesser talent there for years.

Let's not forget we only have 4 pix. That strategy only leaves 1 pick left. Of course depending how the draft plays out and barring any high value falling, I'd hope 1 of those 4 is a 7th Rdr.  

12 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Let's not forget we only have 4 pix. That strategy only leaves 1 pick left. Of course depending how the draft plays out and barring any high value falling, I'd hope 1 of those 4 is a 7th Rdr.  

We actually have more than 4 picks.

Our picks 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 7, 7,

I know it's unlikely we double dip twice, but we could.

Archived