Some interesting, maybe less discussed prospects...

mwalker

1 hour ago, mwalker said:

We actually have more than 4 picks.

Our picks 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 7, 7,

I know it's unlikely we double dip twice, but we could.

I meant 5. We have 5. Using 4 on those positions leaves 1. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-pittsburgh-steelers-team-needs-draft-picks-prospects-to-watch/amp/

4 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

We have 7 picks... unless I'm missing what you're trying to say 

I've read several different sites that said we had a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and a 7th. So I decided to go to the source (Nfl.com). According to them, we do have 7. I stand corrected and happier. Thanks Gents. 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-team/dt-by-team-input:pit

Can Duke Ejifor stand up in a 3-4? He really looks the part. He appears big and agile enough. I love his burst/bend/and hands. He is apparently a student of the game and is constantly in the film room. Injuries are some concern but I'd take the chance in Rd2. He wasn't been able to do the drills at the Combine and  I've only seen him with his hand in the dirt. Can he stand up and play the Edge? 

Ejifor has shown no explosiveness.  He is an average athlete that relies on hustle.  That being said he is a decent technician.  i would want to see a 3-cone and/or a 20 yard shuttle before I would trust him standing up

Leon Jacobs is an interesting, flexible (played both inside and out) later round pick. Ran a 4.4 at combine at like 245lbs.

He's a bit short I think for OLB, might not be a full time starter there, but could be a great back up and ST player.

Leon Jacobs is an interesting, flexible (played both inside and out) later round pick. Ran a 4.4 at combine at like 245lbs.

He's a bit short I think for OLB, might not be a full time starter there, but could be a great back up and ST player.

I don't mind investing is 'depth. We know what our current depth is and it's not good enough 

• 3 weeks later...

Just saw some tape of Josh Adams, RB from Notre Dame.  Damn that kid's impressive.  Looks like LeVeon II with more Home Run ability.  Granted I didn't go back and watch a bunch of games to look at his catching and blocking, but as a pure runner, I like his game.  He could get huge chunks with our OL.  

And he's not considered an elite talent for some reason.  So he might be had in the 3rd or even the 5th.  Would be a steal imo.  Anyone else like his game?

Skip to :40 unless you want to watch a SeatGeek commercial

On 3/3/2018 at 10:53 AM, Chieferific said:

How about Siran Neal SS Jacksonville St. He's a Jack of all Trades. Playing outside CB/LB/FS/SS. Nice Size/Speed. Projected as a SS. Has his flaws but you gotta love the flexibility. 

He hits like a truck.  Would be a nice later round pickup.  Would probably be a ST demon. 

11 hours ago, JLambert58 said:

Just saw some tape of Josh Adams, RB from Notre Dame.  Damn that kid's impressive.  Looks like LeVeon II with more Home Run ability.  Granted I didn't go back and watch a bunch of games to look at his catching and blocking, but as a pure runner, I like his game.  He could get huge chunks with our OL.  

And he's not considered an elite talent for some reason.  So he might be had in the 3rd or even the 5th.  Would be a steal imo.  Anyone else like his game?

Skip to :40 unless you want to watch a SeatGeek commercial

In regards to Adams, as an ND fan who watched his whole career,

Most of his big runs came from terrific OL play, not to discredit him, but doesn't really make a ton of guys miss in the open field.

Very much a strider, can hit the home run when he hits the open field

Pretty good in pass pro and decent out of the backfield

Does run a little high probably, however runs like a mac truck too 

Would be a nice pick in the 4th-5th round though. Good frame to work with and ability 

12 hours ago, JPeezy55 said:

In regards to Adams, as an ND fan who watched his whole career,

Most of his big runs came from terrific OL play, not to discredit him, but doesn't really make a ton of guys miss in the open field.

Very much a strider, can hit the home run when he hits the open field

Pretty good in pass pro and decent out of the backfield

Does run a little high probably, however runs like a mac truck too 

Would be a nice pick in the 4th-5th round though. Good frame to work with and ability 

Nice eval, thanks.  Good to hear the POV of a ND fan. 

Behind our OL I think he could kill it.  His balance/lateral agility is not perfect but most RBs are going to look sub par compared to Le'Veon and his buttery smooth hips.   

Edit:  I just looked up his pro day times.  He ran 4.48 in the 40 and 6.75 in the 3 cone.  Not too shabby.  

6'8 345 and 35.5" arms. Ran a 5.12 40 and a top 10 time in cones. He could be a really interesting UDFA.

Interesting.  Look at this guy mowing down Rugby players.  He's like a adult playing with kids.  Sure, put him anywhere OL, DL, TE... RB?  lol

Archived