Some interesting, maybe less discussed prospects...

mwalker

1 minute ago, Chieferific said:

Don't misunderstand. These aren't necessarily players I think the Steelers will draft. I don't think they will draft Freeman. I do think they will ride it out with Bell/Ridley/Connor. I like him and would add him as a late rdr as I don't think Bell will be back. While I do agree Edge is in major need of improvement, besides Landry (whom isn't without some concerns and would make me nervous) there isn't a 1st Rd Edge guy I'd take. I do not like the idea of using Bostic/Burnett as the strategy for improving the Defense.  That's a bad plan. 

For the record, I do like Freeman. If you stick with Bell, I think you can wait for RB until next year where Tevin Coleman is a UFA or you could draft maybe like a Bryce Love. The WR/RB needs I would wait to address until next year. They seem more like wants at this stage. While planning ahead is a good idea, it's a waste of capital unless the value is too good because they probably won't have an impact on next year. Like Conner last year.

ILB needs addressed for depth I just don't necessarily think it's the end of the world if you went with Bostic/Burnett to start the season. I'm thinking ILB should be addressed in that 3rd-5th round range unless you absolutely love someone earlier in the draft

2 hours ago, Money said:

Just in sub-package situations, which is like 70% of the time. So you don't need an ILB early when your options are either 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. That's first - you can eliminate an ILB position that way. Then in 1st and 2nd downs you got Bostic and Vince. Good, not great. Then on 3rd down you slide Burnett into the LB position in the nickel. 

They've papered the cracks here to downplay the need of an ILB. Not saying they won't go there, all I'm saying is that they put themselves in a position where they don't have to take an ILB. They can take BPA. 

If that were even remotely true, Shazier wouldn't be a 'loss'.

They can take BPA but if Evans is on the board imo he is it.

Archived