$18M Left In Cap Space - How To Spend?

Norm

3 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

That list might even include Rishard Matthews

Want.  I almost want the pack to sign one of these middling guys just to prove and see if all of these WRs we are "producing" are actually good relative to the rest of the NFL.

Nobody good ever leaves GB; but does anyone leave GB who is perceived as good and fall on their face?

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Want.  I almost want the pack to sign one of these middling guys just to prove and see if all of these WRs we are "producing" are actually good relative to the rest of the NFL.

Nobody good ever leaves GB; but does anyone leave GB who is perceived as good and fall on their face?

Why would you sign someone when you draft that position so well?

1 thing that could work well in GB favor in the decision to resign Adams is that the 2018 WR FA class is pretty deep.  Certainly some of these will be extended or sign back with their original team.

Jeffery

Pryor

Watkins

Hopkins

Lee

Matthews

Richardson

Adams

Latimer (yeah I went there….stockholder was it??)

Robinson

Landry

Moncrief

M Bryant

Moncrief

M Bryant

I'm going to burn the flame to re-sign Adams during the season and make a run at Sammy Watkins.  Hoping that his injury history seriously deflates his value.  Such a great skillset, and such awful quarterbacking.  I think he'd be amazing with Aaron.

Jordy can dominate in the slot.  Now and for the next 2-3 years.  Adams goes outside with Watkins.  Then GB drafts and develops a new slot WR.  Oh, and Cobb is gone in that scenario.

My pipe dream.

13 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Greg Jennings.

17 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm going to burn the flame to re-sign Adams during the season and make a run at Sammy Watkins.  Hoping that his injury history seriously deflates his value.  Such a great skillset, and such awful quarterbacking.  I think he'd be amazing with Aaron.

Jordy can dominate in the slot.  Now and for the next 2-3 years.  Adams goes outside with Watkins.  Then GB drafts and develops a new slot WR.  Oh, and Cobb is gone in that scenario.

My pipe dream.

Like Adams a lot, but Watkins might actually be cheaper and he would jump at a chance to play with ARod.

1 hour ago, Dubz41 said:

Greg Jennings.

Yes.  Thank you.  Bit of a qualifier that he left after his 2nd contract, left after a serious injury, played with christian ponder in a very run heavy attack, and still managed a solid 800 yards.  Those are the primary cases against Jennings being overrated.  Still, this is the same player that GB offered $10M per year.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150308/article/report-greg-jennings-offered-10m-a-year-by-packers

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Why would you sign someone when you draft that position so well?

How do you know what you can't ever know?  How do you know we aren't drafting 4th round receivers in the 2nd round and Rodgers is making them look better?

Why sign Adams for more money when you can just sign someone else for half and get all of the production?

Obviously these are hypotheticals we probably won't know the answer to, but long term I'm in favor of re-balancing the allocation of $$$ away from WR and towards CB.

On 8/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, CWood21 said:

I guess I don't see Lane Taylor as one of those players you're prioritizing with an extension.  I mean, if they've exhausted their other options and they've still got a few more million left over I could see them talking to him about a long term deal.  I think Corey Linsley is probably a candidate, and gives him some long term security as well.

Oh I agree. I wasn't saying as a priority, probably not a "plan" but if they think they can get him cheaper than they rightfully should during the year and he's holding up, why not I guess is my logic.

53 minutes ago, PackyAttacky said:

Why was he cut by a bad team? Seems something is going on.

Google tells me:

A. Beat out by Kilgore

B. Didn't want to play guard.

Didn't realize he made the PB, he's a decent interior utility guy if he wants to be, methinks. Never ever thought he was a PB type player.

Just now, fattlipp said:

Get Adams signed now for 5/45m

I'd rather let him get us a third round pick in free agency and force us to use another second round pick on a younger receiver.  I'm fine with Nelson/Cobb/Adams this year, but it's getting close to time we have to get our next #1 receiver, and I don't want Adams to be our #1 receiver for four years. 

Archived