RamsFan24 Pre Combine Explosion

RamsFan24

What's going Rams Fans, great day to be a fan with the trade information coming out. In this mock I am going with an more aggressive theme since Les and the Rams FO have one again been aggressive to start off the offseason. So buckle up and get ready for an exciting ride. I truly do feel that with this offseason that we would be placed in the drivers seat to compete for a NFC Championship.

Released

WR/RB Tavon Austin

Tavon isn't worth the money once so ever, even though I really like him, his time is up for the lack of production period.

Re-Sign/Extend

DT Aaron Donald / OG Rodger Saffold

S LaMarcus Joyner
WR Sammy Watkins 
CB Nickell Robey-Coleman 
C John Sullivan
S Cody Davis
OLB Matt Longacre
CB Troy Hill
HB Malcolm Brown
DT Tyrunn Walker
LS Jake McQuaide

This off-sason has a lot of tuff decisions to deal with. The Rams decide to lock up Sammy, LaMarcus, John, Nickell and etc... I just don't see them being able to lock everyone of their  free agents. So Trumaine Johnson isn't retained, I believe a team that is loaded with money will pay him top dollar like Cleveland, which is where I believe Mark will also end up. Bringing back LaMarcus and Nikell will still give us an talented secondary with just a few holes in it.

Free Agency

ILB Navarro Bowman

Yes Wades defense just got an little nastier, with some much needed veteran leadership. Bowman will be the much needed Thumper in the middle that we have been missing for quite a while.

***Trade Alerts***

1.) Rams - Trade Round 1 Pick #23

Browns- Trade Round 2 Pick #1 and Round 4 Pick #1 and Round 4 Pick #22

Browns are loaded with picks this year so they decide to be aggressive and make some moves to get top tier talent on their roster.

2.) Rams- Trade 2019 Round 2 Pick and 2018 4th Round Pick #23

Chiefs-  Trade Marcus Peters (CB) and Round 6 Pick #196

This was a shocker of a trade, All Pro corner is now on the Rams

3.) Rams- Trade Round 3 Pick #23 and Round 4 Pick #22, (from Browns)  Round 6 Pick #23 and Mark Barron (ILB)

Jets- Trade Round 2 Pick #17

The Rams decide to jump up into the second round to grab a day one starter and missing piece for Wade Phillips defense. The Rams trade Mark to the Jets which is in need of a good veteran linebacker. With ILB Demario Davis a free agent, along with role players Bruce Carter and David Bass, this will give the Jets some security if Davis does walk. If Demario stays than Mark will slide in at his more natural position of OLB and start over Josh Martin (40 tackles on the year). Giving the Jets a nice linebacking group to work with. ( Mark Barron, Darron Lee, Demario Davis, Jordan Jenkins)

NFL Draft

Round 2 Pick #1 - Arden Key, OLB, LSU

Round 2 Pick #17 - Tim Settle, NT, Virginia Tech

Round 4 Pick #1 - Holton Hill, CB, Texas

Round 5 Pick #23- Micah Kiser, ILB, Virginia 

Round 6 Pick #20 - Brandon Parker, OT, North Carolina A&M

Round 6 Pick #21 Bo Scarborough, RB, Alabama

Round 6 Pick #26 Colby Gossett, OG, Appalachian State

The Rams get very aggressive in this draft and gave Arden Key, who has elite abilities with the first pick I feel that with the leadership this defense will have, just the linebacker room along should be strong mentors for Key. Arden loves football, he is dangerously talented, with Wade coaching him, this will give us a very scary front seven. The Rams jump up to grab there star Nose Tackle of the future. This kid has 1st round talent written all over him, but because of Vea, Payne, Hurst and Phillips being in this class, the Rams get an absolute steal here. I love the play of Holton Hill, he is a big, aggressive play maker with some speed. Hill comes in and competes for the 2nd corner spot, and insurance if Webster isn't fully ready to play. Micah is just an tacking machine, he has heart, vision and passion. I love how he just has a nose for the ball. Brandon Parker is my late round steal, he has projections from 4 to 6th round. With an average showing in the Senior Bowl game, we get an opportunity to ****** him later. Bo will come in and compete with Malcom to give Gurley a breather every once in a while. I love how big and strong that ne runs. Lastly another late round gem that I really like in Colby. Gossett will come in and be our back up rotational guard and can also play center if needed.

Projected Starters
QB: Jared Goff
HB: Todd Gurley
XWR: Sammy Watkins 
ZWR: Robert Woods
SLWR: Cooper Kupp
TE: Gerald Everett
LT: Andrew Whitworth
LG: Rodger Saffold
C: John Sullivan
RG: Jamon Brown
RT: Rob Havenstein

SDE: Michael Brockers
NT: Tim Settle 
DT: Aaron Donald
WOLB: Robert Quinn
WILB: Alec Ogletree
SILB: Navarro Bowman  /  Micah Kiser 
SOLB: Arden Key
LCB: Marcus Peters
RCB: Holton Hill / Kayvon Webster 
SLCB: Nickell Robey-Coleman
FS: LaMarcus Joyner
SS: John Johnson III

K: Greg Zuerlein
P: Johnny Hekker
LS: Jake McQuaide

I do like some things here, but I'm not the biggest Key/Scarbrough fan.  Also, that trade to get into the 2nd seems to be giving up a ton, I know it sheds salary in getting rid of Barron, but not sure I'd pull trigger on that.  Lastly, I'm not sure I'd trust Hill to man the CB2 position as a rookie.  Granted, I've not watched much film of him, and maybe I'll change my tune when I watch him more in depth, but there's corners I like better.  Thanks for the time you put into this, its definitely not easy!

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Key just doesn't do it for me. I love the Settle pick, though. I agree with @Flatlyner that I'd prefer to have a more veteran option at CB than Hill.

That's understandable, I wanted to change things up a little so instead of the same old Aqib Talib to the Rams, or another free agent I just went through the draft. I actually have Holton competing with Webster, not necessarily starting. Just wanted to change it up and give some different options.

3 hours ago, Flatlyner said:

I do like some things here, but I'm not the biggest Key/Scarbrough fan.  Also, that trade to get into the 2nd seems to be giving up a ton, I know it sheds salary in getting rid of Barron, but not sure I'd pull trigger on that.  Lastly, I'm not sure I'd trust Hill to man the CB2 position as a rookie.  Granted, I've not watched much film of him, and maybe I'll change my tune when I watch him more in depth, but there's corners I like better.  Thanks for the time you put into this, its definitely not easy!

Either way we look at it, Barron might be releashed. So instead of the same old boring Rams releashing him, I just came up with an different solution. I'm really socks on the Key dislike, he's flat out an elite talent minus the character concerns. With a strong culture, great coaching and veteran leadership, Key being young should continue to mature. I don't see how Key would try and not play up to his top standard with ppl like AD, Olgetree, Quinn, Brockers and a Navarro if added. I believe they would help push him to be an more dominant pro than a how he was in college.

Archived