Possible First Step In Solving Our RB Problem?

Just Want A Title

I saw this link regarding the response from Thomas Dimitroff regarding Tevin Coleman's contract extension:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/falcons-say-they-will-not-trade-tevin-coleman/

Could we snag him in a trade?  Maybe a pre-draft trade-up by Atlanta?  He is a quality RB but given the depth of this year's draft class, his trade value might be surprisingly low.  He would be a big improvement over Ameer Abdullah. Thoughts?

I think that if you give Coleman roughly 25 carries per then he would get you 100 plus.  He can do a ton on the field but being held back somewhat by having a 2 rb rotation and 3 at times.  With that being said I would not give up a ton for him but if we were to move down in the draft get Coleman, Draft Tim Settle, and then take a run blocking Lineman in the 2nd.  It could work.

Possible First Step In Solving Our RB Problem?

Maybe we should find a center. and work from inside out. And play call. Hard for anyone to run if there is literally never a whole up the middle. Then you trick with a outside or pitch with Riddick. And then that takes out all play action....and we need guys that aren't wimps and hurt every week...easier said then done I know...I'm not 6'6 310 lol with feet of a ballarina. But I dont thinnk honestly David Johnson, Elliot, Bell, Fournette, etc would have a chance and get thier numbers with this o line.....just because you spend a top pick doesn't mean they will be good....and everyone on that line can be moved...EVERYONE...and makes it harder when your TE cant block or catch.

Royce Freeman has been my choice for running back since the get go. Thursday the Lions made him their first interview in the running back class. I hope Freeman is in our backfield this season. I’m here on the record saying no matter where he goes, he’ll be an impact runner. Hopefully we aren’t saying should of, could of!! 

Archived