2018 NFL Combine Thread

flyingmonkey30

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea. He would be wasted with his type of burst playing the NT position. He may be a little shorter then desired. But his power and burst will make up for that. 

He is best to play the 1 and the 3. I can see him playing the 5 though as well.

On 3/5/2018 at 12:51 PM, WizardHawk said:

A 2nd or 3rd rder for Thomas is a no-brainer, imo. Still, think it's highly unlikely though. Money will be an issue. Then again, come 2019 I would expect Dallas to free up about $21m with the departures of Witten, Lee, and Crawford. 

A 2nd is a really steep price. I’d start with something like a 4th and a 6th and go from there. 

9 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea. He would be wasted with his type of burst playing the NT position. He may be a little shorter then desired. But his power and burst will make up for that. 

Agreed. His skill set is best suited as a 3 or 5 technique rather than a 0 or 1.

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

A 2nd is a really steep price. I’d start with something like a 4th and a 6th and go from there. 

A 4th and 6th seems extremely optimistic for a 5x All-Pro. 

Even with him being 29 soon, I figure it's a worthy investment for say 4 years. He brings a lot to the table beyond just being one of the best at his spot. Knows what Richards wants and can lead our young secondary.

But, point is moot as far as I'm concerned. The odds of ET landing is Dallas are minuscule. 

1 minute ago, WizardHawk said:

A 4th and 6th seems extremely optimistic for a 5x All-Pro. 

Even with him being 29 soon, I figure it's a worthy investment for say 4 years. He brings a lot to the table beyond just being one of the best at his spot. Knows what Richards wants and can lead our young secondary.

But, point is moot as far as I'm concerned. The odds of ET landing is Dallas are minuscule. 

Of course a 4th and a 6th is optimistic, but it’s not meant to close the deal. It’s merely intended to open the discussions so you can close the deal for something a little more. 

23 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Why do you believe initial quickness doesn't matter at the 0? 

Archived