2018 NFL Combine Thread

flyingmonkey30

Not saying I want him on team but it's easy to root for Shaquem Griffin. 

Mike Gesicki put up a 41.5" vertical and an unofficial 4.55 on 1st run. He isn't talked about much, but think he's very much in play after rd 1 pick for Dallas

Allen Lazard, who many thought would push 4.7 x 40 ran 4.55, 

3 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

76 something. 32 5/8 arms

Smaller than I thought. He is powerful, strongest DL this year i believe. But it is much easier to push out reps of 225 when your arms arent so long. Ask Barkley, who is no way stronger than Joe Thomas but pushed out a rep more - short arms vs long ones. You can just beat the lifts off your chest real fast with short arms, whereas when you have to lift them a foot higher you are taking on more strain.

To me the only thing the bench press rep drill ever taught me was the prospective players dedication in the weight room. Not so much their individual play strength. Lot's of reps usually mean lots of training, which at the very least shows the kid isn't just a big fatty and is willing to bust hump at practice/weight room/training room. 

1 minute ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Smaller than I thought. He is powerful, strongest DL this year i believe. But it is much easier to push out reps of 225 when your arms arent so long. Ask Barkley, who is no way stronger than Joe Thomas but pushed out a rep more - short arms vs long ones. You can just beat the lifts off your chest real fast with short arms, whereas when you have to lift them a foot higher you are taking on more strain.

It is. Think most know this.

But, there is still a sizable gap between he and Payne. Ve'a has (iirc) 1/4" shorter arms and got 14 more reps. Regardless, both are plenty strong enough.

A power clean would tell me more about play strength than a bench as it simulates exploding up and out. Obviously a way more dangerous lift so it's understandable why the combine wouldn't do it

Archived