Bills Sign Vontae Davis to One Year Deal

bigbadbuff23835

Do you agree with me than the Colts have a HUGE need at CB ? They also have HUGE money to spend. And they NEVER thought about giving something to Davis ! Either you think Ballard is really incompetent or...I hope it will work for you guys but that is ONLY the second time a team give up on him ! A 1 year deal sounds like the right move.

Love this deal and love the way Beane is putting the roster together. 

Imagine Davis returns to form, Gaines leaves in FA netting us a 4th round compensatory in 2019, we draft a CB late this season who takes over for Davis who cashes in one more time next off-season netting us another compensatory in 2020. Wheels keep churning. 

He's already embracing the team which is pretty awesome to see. Davis already changed his twitter bio, IG bio, posted pictures of New Era field, and has been commenting on every Bills post talking about how excited he is.

I watched some interviews and player profiles on him last night and he seems like he's the exact player McDermott loves. Hard working character guys that'll be a good locker room edition and loves the game.

8 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

He's already embracing the team which is pretty awesome to see. Davis already changed his twitter bio, IG bio, posted pictures of New Era field, and has been commenting on every Bills post talking about how excited he is.

I watched some interviews and player profiles on him last night and he seems like he's the exact player McDermott loves. Hard working character guys that'll be a good locker room edition and loves the game.

I noticed this as well on IG. Good to see for sure. Let's hope he stays healthy 

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

1 year deal worth 5 mil with 3.5 guarneteed. Can earn up to 8 million this season per Ian Rapoport.

Gaines is likely looking at an avg of at least 8 mil. For a guy that wasn't healthy enough, it ain't worth it for Buffalo.

Maybe we can get Gaines back for 6 mil per

26 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

1 year deal worth 5 mil with 3.5 guarneteed. Can earn up to 8 million this season per Ian Rapoport.

Gaines is likely looking at an avg of at least 8 mil. For a guy that wasn't healthy enough, it ain't worth it for Buffalo.

I hate to agree with you but I don't think you can spend that on a guy who missed half a season and has had injury problems in the past. Our defense was so good with him on the field and he overshadowed Tre, especially in the early portion of the season.

10 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I would much rather have Gaines than Davis. Gaines is only 26 and Davis is going to 30 in May. It would be nice to lock Gaines up and have our starting CB’s locked up for 4 years. Davis is just a band aid. People keep bringing up Gaines injury history, but Davis has had his fair share of injuries. EJ is such a great fit for this defense. I am going to be sad to see him go. Him and White would have been one of the best young CB duos in league, if not the best.

Archived