Chris Ivory Visits Bills

Kmart128

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/27/bills-host-free-agent-chris-ivory/

Appears we are not done after signing Davis. Now we had Chris Ivory at OBD all day yesterday. Beane seems to be trying sign players now because they don't count towards comp picks and if we lose them after a 1 year deal then they can gain us comp picks. Genius plan by McBeane.

Could replace Tolbert role and be a nice redzone power back to take hits off of Shady. 

I've said before and maintain this thought process, next season is when we replace Shady with a high draft pick at RB. This year we'll use a combo of Murphy, Cadet, Jones and maybe Ivory to compliment Shady. 

Big fan of this visit. Think he is similar to Gillislee and give the bills that duo again that shady had in 2016. Will be an upgrade to Tolbert. Hopefully he gets back to his jets running days where he was solid. Some Fans expect the bills to hit home runs everytime and the answer is to go younger but the fact is bills have 18 guys leaving this offseason and resigning everyone isn't possible along with getting upgrades at every position. This isnt a top 22 position which is starters on both sides of the ball. I think this would be a solid depth move and low risk high reward as I cannot see this more of a 1 year prove it deal

10 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

Only if he is really cheap. It's a great RB class and we need to look to the long term beyond McCoy

Think it's a tad early. Last thing you want is for a young RBs rookie contract to expire as McCoy retires or slows down. I wait a year or two before we look for a rookie RB and just focus on finding a capable backup right now.

Archived