Limiting Pass Interference Penalties To A Max Of 15 Yards

gopherwrestler

12 minutes ago, Super4 said:

They were always facts, just apparently not information you were privy to.  Either way, I understand what you were saying it just initially seemed like the typical GB or Rodgers cheerleader and I didn't want to go down this road again.  Oh well, it's all in good fun either way.

Well yes the facts were always facts but you Never presented them to support your arguement. After my quick browse through there I came up with slightly different numbers but that might be because I didn’t account for penalties that were declined. But I just don’t see how Rodgers can benefit from DPI more than anyone else by a somewhat significant margin but over the same time frame GB as a whole ranks no higher than 3rd? I can look later but right now on my phone that site is annoying me. I think our biggest separation in this debate is you calling it abuse of the rules or bushleague which we will probably have to just agree to disagree. 

Just now, CrazyJoeDavola said:

I think our biggest separation in this debate is you calling it abuse of the rules or bushleague which we will probably have to just agree to disagree. 

That is essentially what it is.  I'm not above admitting I probably have some bias as a Cowboys fan because he's seemed to own our soul the last 4 years, and twice in very close and controversial Playoff games.. so me stating it's bushleague certainly has got to be influenced.  He's not breaking any rules though so while I hate it, I have to concede it's genius as well.

But I just don’t see how Rodgers can benefit from DPI more than anyone else by a somewhat significant margin but over the same time frame GB as a whole ranks no higher than 3rd?

It's fairly simply to lead in a category individually, while the team doesn't.  It'd be like in basketball, if you lead the league in points scored, but your team ranked 3rd in points scored.  Alot of that would have to do with the other teams vs. the teams they played, etc.

1 hour ago, CrazyJoeDavola said:

Hey there you go! Now you’re supporting your arguement with facts! I’ll have to check things out a little more. But your numbers seem to conflict slightly with what @Forge showed earlier. After a quick glance I see where he got his rankings from but I’ll have to look some more to see it broken down by player. The 12 men on the field thing would not surprise me though. I’m not sure why teams still try to substitute. 

Yeah, I didn't break anything down. Simple sorted by dpi and beneficiary count

People getting all up and arms about a simple post without actually reading it. First of all, it say AT MOST 15 yards, so that could also mean 10 yards. Second of all (and more importantly) it says they are discussing the possibility...not that they are defiantly going to go through with it. They talk about possibly doing different things every single year.....it's their job....but it don't mean that they're actually going to follow through with it.

Archived