Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

7 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

That would be amazing. Rod is a little simple with his defense, some say old fashioned, and his view on 1 tech or 0 tech DTs is insane, but that doesn't change that he's the best damn 4-3 DL coach in the business.

I think the fact that they would have likely taken Vea at #19 had he been there hints at a change in philosophy, at least slightly,

I hope we’re able to bring back McClain and he can stay healthy, he’d be a big upgrade over anyone we have at the 1T spot at the moment.

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Might be why they got white then. Lol

White will never be more than a bacup from what Ive studied. Hes got some good pieces to build with but his flaws are way too complicated. Theres potential but I dont see it developing beyond something like a Cassel-esque backup option. Maybe he can befome more given enough time and reps, like just a good accurate passer who can deliver balls on time, like Keenum I guess? But the flaws are really heavy on him. Would take a lot.

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

White will never be more than a bacup from what Ive studied. Hes got some good pieces to build with but his flaws are way too complicated. Theres potential but I dont see it developing beyond something like a Cassel-esque backup option. Maybe he can befome more given enough time and reps, like just a good accurate passer who can deliver balls on time, like Keenum I guess? But the flaws are really heavy on him. Would take a lot.

If he can become the next Matt Cassell. I would be so geeking right, get a 1st round return for  a 5th rd pick? Sign me up! ;)

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

If he can become the next Matt Cassell. I would be so geeking right, get a 1st round return for  a 5th rd pick? Sign me up! ;)

Cassel looked good in a watered down dink and dunk offense and earned that pay and trade, though. White may never get such a chance. I view Rush as a much better prospect, and while White may earn the #2 job this year, Rush, while less.polished, still has a ton more potential. If Dak went down Id believe Rush would get the start.

Archived