Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

You really think we have been good against the run? I don't. Below average at best. Only 7 teams in the league defended the run less than we did, but we surrendered over 100 yards per game and 4.1 yards per carry, which puts us in the bottom half of the league.

There is a reason Ash came in and played more as the season went on. We were getting beat up. Having the 18th best run defense in yards per attempt is not great. 

55 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

You really think we have been good against the run? I don't. Below average at best. Only 7 teams in the league defended the run less than we did, but we surrendered over 100 yards per game and 4.1 yards per carry, which puts us in the bottom half of the league.

There is a reason Ash came in and played more as the season went on. We were getting beat up. Having the 18th best run defense in yards per attempt is not great. 

Majority of the games we allowed decent run totals was when we had fallen behind so far teams opted to grind the clock. And this was often also when Lee was out that we werent so good vs the run.

If you go back the kast 3 years, this team has been pretyy good vs the run.

39 minutes ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Majority of the games we allowed decent run totals was when we had fallen behind so far teams opted to grind the clock. And this was often also when Lee was out that we werent so good vs the run.

If you go back the kast 3 years, this team has been pretyy good vs the run.

It's so lazy to assume we only allowed rushing yards when we fell behind and teams were grinding the clock.

That's why I prefaced my response by pointing out that defended fewer rushing attempts than almost everyone in the league.

The last time we were good against the run was 2016 when we had Smite McClain.

1 hour ago, Desperado82 said:

I think the loss of Tyron hurt more than anything. He took a beating in that ATL game and seemed to lose faith in his protection. 

After that game, he became skittish and looked to pull down and run earlier than usual. 

4 hours ago, CAPJ said:

I think the loss of Tyron hurt more than anything. He took a beating in that ATL game and seemed to lose faith in his protection. 

After that game, he became skittish and looked to pull down and run earlier than usual. 

He also hesitated on his release on even the shortest and fastest of routes and openings.

The film, after the fourth game, starts to get really poor for Dak. Not that he was completely at fault, and certainly not that he was entirely usless, but the gun shy timidness started to show often after week 4.

He kept holding the ball, seemingly afraid to fire. This led to a lot of late throws and misfires. 

I hope he has not been lost to us because of it. The fragility of a young passer is that apparent throughout the league history. More talented players than Dak have flamed out quickly after being abused back there and having receivers drop balls or be in the wrong place. A pro QB cant be wasting time thinking and second guessing. The ball has to come out and the QB has to just know hes making the right throw on time. The moment they get gunshy and skittish, and the poor plays stack up, their career trajectory has changed forever.

I do think because of Daks rookie year, he will bounce back. He has the confidence and know how. I dont think youwill see any lasting effects. But it isnt improbable either. Once you get beaten up and start to mistrust both receiver and yourself, it can be really hard to break the habits that form from that.

4 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Quick, someone take this down before Daboys sees it :ph34r:

So now we are saying Tyron missed the entire 2nd half of the season? Whatever helps you sleep I guess.

Dak sucked the 2nd half of the year with or without Tyron. What about the Seattle game? He had Tyron AND Zeke. What were his stats? 

But you are right that Dak looks better when the real all pro's are clicking, because he's a trailer not a truck.

4 hours ago, DaBoys said:

So now we are saying Tyron missed the entire 2nd half of the season? Whatever helps you sleep I guess.

Dak sucked the 2nd half of the year with or without Tyron. What about the Seattle game? He had Tyron AND Zeke. What were his stats? 

But you are right that Dak looks better when the real all pro's are clicking, because he's a trailer not a truck.

Atleast we know Dak can produce with players around him.

We could've been like the Texans/Broncos with Osweiler.

I mean what are we trying to prove here? we can win ball games or who has the best young QB ?

Archived