Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

I don't normally dream about the team but last night I dreamt that Tyrone Crawford got traded to the Lions, moved back to DT, and played really well. 

What are the odds that Crawford moves back to DT if Gregory gets reinstated?

As @WizardHawk pointed out some time ago, our depth at DE is really nice. You only need 4 maybe 5 to rotate.

Lawrence(2nd round pick)/ Taco Charlton(1st round pick)/ Randy Gregory(2nd round pick)/ Kony Ealy(2nd round pick)/ Dorance Armstrong(4th)/ Charles Tapper(3rd)

That's 6 edge rushers there without Crawford and our DT depth may be worst on the team.

If the old excuse for moving Crawford outside was because we needed DEs,  shouldn't that theory apply now to the inside?

Zeke is keeping quiet this off-season. Glad he's learning the media and the spotlight are not his friends.  

"

Elliott has been a fixture during the Cowboys’ offseason program, but Wednesday was one of the first times he has spoken to the media this spring. The All-Pro running back was asked if he hopes to have a better year without the off-field issues that plagued him last fall – and he was confident in his response.

“I mean, I wouldn’t say last year was a bad year for me. I played 10 games and had almost 1,000 yards,” he said. “I think every year, I plan to have a good year.”

??

10 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I don't normally dream about the team but last night I dreamt that Tyrone Crawford got traded to the Lions, moved back to DT, and played really well. 

As @WizardHawk pointed out some time ago, our depth at DE is really nice. You only need 4 maybe 5 to rotate.

Lawrence(2nd round pick)/ Taco Charlton(1st round pick)/ Randy Gregory(2nd round pick)/ Kony Ealy(2nd round pick)/ Dorance Armstrong(4th)/ Charles Tapper(3rd)

That's 6 edge rushers there without Crawford and our DT depth may be worst on the team.

If the old excuse for moving Crawford outside was because we needed DEs,  shouldn't that theory apply now to the inside?

Last I heard, he's still slimming down...so unless they plan on having him play DT at like 275 or whatever (which isn't unheard of for Rod), I'd think the plan is to still have him get the majority of snaps at DE.

12 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Assuming this group pans out, Dallas has their best rotation at DE in years and possibly ever. If the rumor is true that Crawford is being asked to slim down, we're looking at an amazing 7 deep rotation. Given the glut of potential talent and Dallas' obvious desire to add someone else to interior DL, I'm looking for a trade at some point. I keep thinking with Poe and Short locked up, maybe Carolina would be interested in moving Vernon Butler in exchange for some much needed youth at DE. 

12 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Assuming this group pans out, Dallas has their best rotation at DE in years and possibly ever. If the rumor is true that Crawford is being asked to slim down, we're looking at an amazing 7 deep rotation. Given the glut of potential talent and Dallas' obvious desire to add someone else to interior DL, I'm looking for a trade at some point. I keep thinking with Poe and Short locked up, maybe Carolina would be interested in moving Vernon Butler in exchange for some much needed youth at DE. 

Butler would be an interesting player to look at. When drafted, it was pretty much expected he would eventually be the replacement for one of either Lotulelei or Short.

Obviously, with them signing Poe, I'd say it's apparent that that plan hasn't panned out. Still, there's some potential there...and if we could get him for a decent price, I'd pull the trigger. 

2 hours ago, quiller said:

Yeah the depth at DE sounds good but can we afford to keep that many on the rooster. With our questions at TE and WR

I mean....

QB (3): Dak Prescott // Cooper Rush // Mike White 
RB (3): Ezekiel Elliott // Rod Smith // Bo Scarborough 
FB (1): Jamize Olawale
WR (6): Allen Hurns // Michael Gallup // Cole Beasley // Tavon Austin // Noah Brown // Deonte Thompson
TE (3): Geoff Swaim // Blake Jarwin // Dalton Schultz 
OT (3): Tyron Smith // La'el Collins // Cam Fleming
OG (3): Zack Martin // Connor Williams // Chaz Green
C (2): Travis Frederick // Marcus Martin

DE (7): DeMarcus Lawrence // Tyrone Crawford // Taco Charlton // Kony Ealy // Datone Jones // Randy Gregory // Dorance Armstrong, Jr. 
DT (4): David Irving // Maliek Collins // Jihad Ward // Brian Price 
LB (5): Sean Lee // Leighton Vander Esch // Jaylon Smith // Damien Wilson // Joe Thomas 
CB (5): Byron Jones // Jourdan Lewis // Chidobe Awuzie // Anthony Brown // Charvarius Ward 
S (5) : Jeff Heath // Xavier Woods // Kavon Frazier // Vet FA //  Kam Kelly

K (1): Dan Bailey
P (1): Chris Jones
LS (1): L.P. Ladouceur 

Yeah...I could see it.

Archived