Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

I'm surprised they spent a full million dollars on a DT. I would expect them to pause at giving so much for a worthless position. Perhaps they should just construct a 1tech out of styrofoam and paper mache and have the 3tech set him up before each snap.

17 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I'm surprised they spent a full million dollars on a DT. I would expect them to pause at giving so much for a worthless position. Perhaps they should just construct a 1tech out of styrofoam and paper mache and have the 3tech set him up before each snap.

That’s basically what Marinelli wants to do. Hell, we may as well just play 10 guys on defense based on how little he values that spot. I’d suggest using a 3-3-5 as the base defense, but that requires a 1-Tech, so we know that’s not happening.

It blows my mind that they can't figure out why they can't stop the run, yet insist on 280-300 lb. DTs.  

They replaced Mayowa with Crawford. Yeah that worked. It's the small DEs that's the problem. 

36 minutes ago, textaz03 said:

As I said on twitter responding to Mike, recent history suggests other wise. I’ll wait patiently to see what happens but I won’t hold my breath on them making a huge play

Nope. I'm completely confident Dallas is going to do nothing in FA outside of signing a couple of 3rd/4th tier guys. Oh,  but they will release Dez to save some money but keep Witten, Lee, and Crawford. 

:sigh - bad attitude creepin' in:

11 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

FA starts on Wednesday, right? Going to be interesting to see what all goes down...

Negotiations started today. Signings can’t happen till Wends but they can negotiate and agree to terms starting today

6 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

If this team was smart (it’s not), we’d sign Benny Logan and Allen Robinson and trade for Earl Thomas. We could then focus on anything in the draft.

But we won’t do that. We’ll sit and do nothing.

Got a strong feeling someone (49ers?) are going to dump a lot of money on Robinson. 

Archived