Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

3 hours ago, WizardHawk said:

If he can pound the table for Charlton and get his way, he can pound the table for Dez too.  TWill or some rookie at WR1 would be a death sentence. I see no way around that. 

Who says JG pounded the table for Taco? He is a very Marinelli prototype player. The perfect fit for what Rod preaches.

5 minutes ago, romo2bryant said:

Why would we cut Dez, when we can do the exact same for the worst player in Witten and save money?

Worst? laugh.

Watch some All 22 sky cam footage of Witten, if possible.

The guy cant run the deep hitch, seam, or corner like be used to beast at. But he still runs possibly the cleanest set of short area routes on the entire team, and when he engages in a run block and gets a good position on his man, there are few defenders -including DEs - who can disengage without a hard fight first. He is also a tough as nails receiver, catching the balls no one else would dare attempt for fear of taking the hits he is willing to take.Also a vocal, smart leader.

He is not the Witten of old, but he is a big piece of the offense. Dont let his slowed footwork or drop in numbers fool you to the contrary.

8 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

And Crawford’s not worth more than twice that at RDE. At least Mayowa is an actual edge rusher

Yet guess which player had more sacks over the last two years? 

Hint: It wasn't Mayowa 

9 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Yet guess which player had more sacks over the last two years? 

Hint: It wasn't Mayowa 

Yeah, 1.5 more sacks for Crawford on 491 more snaps. Impressive.

Don't get me wrong, Crawford's a much better overall player, but he's not a better weakside edge rusher. By and large, his sacks come from inside rushes and stunts- Mayowa's come from turning the corner. I know what you're thinking, a sack is a sack, but diversification of skillsets along the DL, much like in the receiving corps, is vital. As of now, our whole rotation is basically LDEs and 3-techs- which is why the best OLs rarely struggle to block our front. They know what's coming and how to deal with it.

12 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Don't get me wrong, I want Crawford gone too or back at a reduced cap hit...but I don't quite understand getting upset about the release of Mayowa. 

Eh I think I just misinterpreted your comment. I'm guessing you just meant "Finally we did something" instead of "Finally Benson Mayowa is gone, hello NFC title game"

11 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Eh I think I just misinterpreted your comment. I'm guessing you just meant "Finally we did something" instead of "Finally Benson Mayowa is gone, hello NFC title game"

Yeah, I mean I'm not saying that us releasing Mayowa is going to lead to us winning the Super Bowl...but it also isn't as if we're cutting a star player or anything. 

Archived