Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

So a former QB, QB coach, WR coach, is our offensive coordinator. Former QB, offensive coordinator, is our head coach. Rod is our D-Line coach, and Sean Lee coaches everything else. 

Makes sense when your owner is also your GM. Put Kellen Moore as QB coach. Let Zeke Coach the RBs. Sean Lee can handle LBs and secondary. Zack Martin can be our OL coach.

That's probably why they traded Switzer and not Beasley. Cole is our WRs coach.

1 hour ago, WizardHawk said:

This is not a good thing no matter how you slice it. Dallas should have included Marinelli in defensive coaching shake up as he's obviously part of the issue.

I think Richard is going to have a bigger voice on this defense than some think.

20 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

I wouldn't mind one bit, now we just need a offensive coordinator.

I keep saying it and I want to one more time -

Linehan was brought in to help transform Romo from Gunslinger to savvy veteran passer. And he did that well enough.

But it is kind of time now to bring in a playcaller and teacher who can groom Prescott into a Gunslinger from an athletic college QB.

Someone like Cumbie or Chryst from the coege ranks I think would work wonders. They can keep a lot of the college style, with the rollouts and Rpo stuff, the read options, the 3 route presnap read and release spread stuff, while incorporating the gunslingery pro stuff both have also coached and Prescott has already been learning.

These prototype pro offenss guys like Linehan are a dying breed for a reason. You only see guys like Gilbride, Linehan, Whisenhunt etc finding true success as a playcaller with older veterans and stereorypical pocket guys like Eli, Bradford, Rivers Stafford etc. Thats for a reason. There arent many of those types coming out of college anymore. And guys like Watson, Dak, even Allen to a point, really need a more NCAA style mind merging the styles for success. Then you can see them turn into those scrambling playmaking gunslingers they have the ability to be.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:14 AM, WizardHawk said:

Definitely. The de facto DC, with RM focusing on DL.

That would be amazing. Rod is a little simple with his defense, some say old fashioned, and his view on 1 tech or 0 tech DTs is insane, but that doesn't change that he's the best damn 4-3 DL coach in the business.

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

I keep saying it and I want to one more time -

Linehan was brought in to help transform Romo from Gunslinger to savvy veteran passer. And he did that well enough.

But it is kind of time now to bring in a playcaller and teacher who can groom Prescott into a Gunslinger from an athletic college QB.

Someone like Cumbie or Chryst from the coege ranks I think would work wonders. They can keep a lot of the college style, with the rollouts and Rpo stuff, the read options, the 3 route presnap read and release spread stuff, while incorporating the gunslingery pro stuff both have also coached and Prescott has already been learning.

These prototype pro offenss guys like Linehan are a dying breed for a reason. You only see guys like Gilbride, Linehan, Whisenhunt etc finding true success as a playcaller with older veterans and stereorypical pocket guys like Eli, Bradford, Rivers Stafford etc. Thats for a reason. There arent many of those types coming out of college anymore. And guys like Watson, Dak, even Allen to a point, really need a more NCAA style mind merging the styles for success. Then you can see them turn into those scrambling playmaking gunslingers they have the ability to be.

Might be why they got white then. Lol

Archived