Cowboys off season - training camp is almost here!!!

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I'd imagine with Sean Lee and the drafting of a shiny new 1st round Mike LB, Smith is pushing himself like never before

Competition is never a bad thing.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:51 AM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Woof. We easily have the worst receiving core. 

Fa wr

Rookie wr

Beasley in the slot.

Either rookie or unproven TE.

Expect our rbs to catch a lot. 

well if we suck. we get to pick high for a great WR or new QB ( if necessary ).

It's a win win season for me

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

And yet Dak will catch all the heat...

I think you are right.  If the WR corps turns out to be as poor as many of us fear Dak will catch the heat.  The calls for a new QB will intensify.  

27 minutes ago, Northland said:

I think you are right.  If the WR corps turns out to be as poor as many of us fear Dak will catch the heat.  The calls for a new QB will intensify.  

Well if Dez was part of the problem despite still being a good receiver then part of the blame needs to be on Dak. If it was that bad then they should have kept him. Great QBs can perform without. And our offense does not run through our passing attack. This is one hell of a prove it year. But how many of you are still willing to throw around excuses for this team underperforming. Oh just wait till next year it'll get better? Yea, no. Something needs to happen. 

55 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well if Dez was part of the problem despite still being a good receiver then part of the blame needs to be on Dak. If it was that bad then they should have kept him. Great QBs can perform without. And our offense does not run through our passing attack. This is one hell of a prove it year. But how many of you are still willing to throw around excuses for this team underperforming. Oh just wait till next year it'll get better? Yea, no. Something needs to happen. 

I think if we underperform again this year and end up with a top five or ten pick...then yeah, coaching staff needs gone and Dak needs to be seriously evaluated. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

I don't disagree that this is a prove it year for Dak, the team, and JG.  Right now my glass is half full.  Healthy OL,  and Zeke for 16 will help us reestablish our identity and get some balance back in our offense hopefully keeping defenses off guard.   Something tells me though that if this team crashes and burns, JG will skate.  Personally another year of mediocrity means big changes for me including the coaching staff.

Archived